DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 - Sensor Calibration

BarrieW

Reactions
I may be posting something here that is common knowledge but I certainly didn't know about it until I USB linked my Air 2 to my laptop last night and brought up Assistant 2. It took me through a whole process of sensor calibration, front, back, downward - quite a lengthy process which got me wondering, with people posting bafflement about why their Air 2 has hit something, how many pilots have done this or are aware of it?
If this has already been covered elsewhere on this forum, I do apologise, my bad with not enough time to plod through everything!:p
Barrie UK

Reactions: Sripey
Having done a search , I now see there are quite a few / lot of posts about this but not many re Air 2. Apologies again, will use the search function more in future ! It's an age thing!

there is no need to calibrate anything, unless the app asks for it ,or you notice issues with the drone flying erratically,

Reactions: Starz and dawgpilot
Yes, thanks "old man mavic", I realised after posting that there is no need to do this unless the app notes it. Like I said, " an age thing " - I feel lucky if I get my boxers on the right way round in the morning!

• Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
Yes, thanks "old man mavic", I realised after posting that there is no need to do this unless the app notes it. Like I said, " an age thing " - I feel lucky if I get my boxers on the right way round in the morning!
as i am the same age as you ,i can empathise with you on that statement, i only mentioned it because sometimes, if things dont go well with the calibration you can end up making things worse ,thats all, its the same with compass and IMU calibration , if all is well then dont bother doing it

as i am the same age as you ,i can empathise with you on that statement, i only mentioned it because sometimes, if things dont go well with the calibration you can end up making things worse ,thats all, its the same with compass and IMU calibration , if all is well then dont bother doing it
If it ain't broke, don't go fixin' it! ;)

That said, it is a good idea to do every and all update and calibration - including VPS - to your system when you first buy it. It sets a baseline for operation, and if the system is then faulty in some way, at least you can tell DJI Susan that you did all that. Subsequent flights however, the app will warn you if something needs to be done, and since you have now discovered VPS calibration, if it warns you of that, you're all good. No advice here on getting the boxers on right though...

Reactions: Joeblow
I have a mavic 2 pro that tells me the sensors need to be calibrated.
They work fine. Probably will do the calibration just to get rid of the message that pops up every time I fire it up.

That said, it is a good idea to do every and all update and calibration - including VPS - to your system when you first buy it. It sets a baseline for operation, and if the system is then faulty in some way, at least you can tell DJI Susan that you did all that. Subsequent flights however, the app will warn you if something needs to be done, and since you have now discovered VPS calibration, if it warns you of that, you're all good. No advice here on getting the boxers on right though...
Grade school joke re boxer shorts: The yellow stains are the front; brown is the back. I’m so glad I could clear this up for you.. ?

I have a mavic 2 pro that tells me the sensors need to be calibrated.
They work fine. Probably will do the calibration just to get rid of the message that pops up every time I fire it up.
Same here. Seems to be a 12 month trigger, similar to the 30 day/100 mile compass calibration, needed or not!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d