DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro DJI Avata: I Want Candy

Best never to start your video presentation with the lifting off the ground footage and never end it with landing back on the ground.

I loved the music! Reminds me of Bananarama. I really don't mind taking off and landing shots, especially since you edited the landing to the music. Besides, this wasn't a cinematic video, it was just good fun FPV flying. Pretty good flying. Thanks for sharing.

Best never to start your video presentation with the lifting off the ground footage and never end it with landing back on the ground.
Thanks for the critique. I don't normally include takeoff an landing shots in my videos, but that said, I had no idea there were rules for drone videos cut to old 80's tunes. Are they written down somewhere?

That said, you might want to look up a film making technique called "breaking the 4th wall." And the start and end of this song really lent itself to it. Or at least in my opinion,, it did.

Thanks for the critique. I don't normally include takeoff an landing shots in my videos, but that said, I had no idea there were rules for drone videos cut to old 80's tunes. Are they written down somewhere?

That said, you might want to look up a film making technique called "breaking the 4th wall." And the start and end of this song really lent itself to it. Or at least in my opinion,, it did.
There are rules for just about everything and I'm sure if you look, you will find somewhere that states it is best not to include a takeoff and landing sequence. Maybe you can show me something written about film making whereby they have stated it is a good idea to include the takeoff and landing in your video. There are other movements that could be cut to the music for start and ending.

I'll ask you another question, where have you seen any epic drone videos that are truly cinematic, whereby the film maker included the takeoff and landing sequence in their superb film? Don't take my word for it though, take a pole of at least 30 people on here and see what percentage prefer that you include the landing and takeoff.

I suspect there is a good reason why you never see the takeoff and landing in these great drone videos that people post online. But if you want to include, don't let me stop you.

There are rules for just about everything and I'm sure if you look, you will find somewhere that states it is best not to include a takeoff and landing sequence. Maybe you can show me something written about film making whereby they have stated it is a good idea to include the takeoff and landing in your video. There are other movements that could be cut to the music for start and ending.

I'll ask you another question, where have you seen any epic drone videos that are truly cinematic, whereby the film maker included the takeoff and landing sequence in their superb film? Don't take my word for it though, take a pole of at least 30 people on here and see what percentage prefer that you include the landing and takeoff.

I suspect there is a good reason why you never see the takeoff and landing in these great drone videos that people post online. But if you want to include, don't let me stop you.
I wasn't trying to make an "epic drone video" with this one, because if I was, I would not have used I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow as the soundtrack. I would have used an "epic" Hans Zimmer or John Williams track or something like that. This was just me messing around with the Avata trying to get used to it (have only had it a week) and have some fun with the way it flies and records video.

I've come to terms with the fact that I am apparently not going to win a Drone Video Oscar for this one. Disappointing, but that's show biz.

But I also don't subscribe to rules with this stuff. Because there aren't any. It's an art form, not a science.

Reactions: CaseyK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78