DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Battery Booster Android app real or scam?

JohnNokomis

Reactions
Has anyone used this app and does it make a difference? I have a hard time believing stuff like this. There are zero reviews on the play store and I can find nothing about it on Google. If someone knows then tell me what it actually does to the drone to make a difference. The fact that the word "Booster" is spelled "Bosster" probably tells me all I need to know. Thanks for any input.

DJI Battery Booster App

There are ways to hack software where you can change some of the Parameters of the drone performance.
This sounds like an isolated parameter change focusing on the Battery only. Fly at your own risk !

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

What's a 'Battery Bosster'? Generally, when I get emails wanting my money for something and there are lots of misspelled words and/or very poor grammar in the email, I know it's a scam. Shy away from this one. T

Maybe the app could change parameters like max voltage of a charge. From say 4.2v per cell to say 4.3v. That would be all it could do. And even though you would get more life out of battery. The risk of sparking and lighting up the battery would be increased dramatically. The longevity would be severely shortened. Etc
The app developers if they did that would be liable perhaps fr the danger caused so I doubt it. Let alone I believe DJI bake those settings into the firmware for the battery not impossible to change but unlikely.

Your instinct is spot on. Absolute scam. Unless it orders a new battery and has it delivered to your door.

They cannot throw lithium atoms into the battery and dji have the battery parameters optimised for factors to balance, speed of charge, amount of charge available, performance , safety and longevity. (Maybe longevity is the lower priority for them but it still would be a factor).

I'll say it's a scam or should I say it's a personal data scrapper app. Just look at all of the permissions you have to grant to it to run the app:
This app has access to:
l2htRLV5Mt-RZ6nroJCXy3OF_CqdntOsEetnLEjH1wC-WJWV00R5orcBWj0NMFKJVEQU6JhPYRBCKnj3_Q=s20-rw
Device ID & call information
  • read phone status and identity
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20-rw
Storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
xbP_oGuJ21iG29iVh0p-UIZPzi_fYj8PMYiqDd9-LvaZ_a1tRcwp0I2-arfXvgX9YtfZTTaqwcLRWPNQM_c=s20-rw
Camera
  • take pictures and videos
4rkEm_eN4F8lAtqf1avrqAQ49_IjMjRduxI5szmftCXmKzSaLsNScjM5DSGQp2qtI5R_fqj8j7aJi_G3dg=s20-rw
  • precise location (GPS and network-based)
  • approximate location (network-based)
QDYtvjtZon4TYi4-wkvfIqszmmJL258051XdtozjpIZVH-8zVoay1oBS9vw7lzDYYaDz48AzxmOY040lNqc=s20-rw
Phone
  • read phone status and identity
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20-rw
Photos/Media/Files
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • access USB storage filesystem
  • read the contents of your USB storage
BAH0TYCVcT4bH2ErsHtCEbO-1Tr5O5Hjwst6AFghZQt5pI8NkfonAsmYfnvj939aqSVtbuM81B38AB0GYQ=s20-rw
Device & app history
  • read sensitive log data
  • retrieve running apps
daUjqbSOr2QpaqXS2HQbNzYzzqN2yWGzM_7AZxwFaWLT7_kIhX95HKi_HSpjeeQDOmFMENZxJqblbu_4qg=s20-rw
Microphone
  • record audio
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20-rw
Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections

Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • full license to interact across users
  • connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
  • close other apps
  • change network connectivity
  • use accounts on the device
  • send sticky broadcast
  • view network connections
  • modify system settings
  • pair with Bluetooth devices
  • run at startup
  • prevent device from sleeping
  • control vibration
  • full network access
  • change system display settings
  • draw over other apps
  • read Google service configuration
  • access Bluetooth settings
  • add words to user-defined dictionary

Reactions: Yaros and MS Coast
I am a hard head and thought i could get more out of my pro and inspire 1 and have actually figured out the guys that build these sold you one that was already going to give you it,s best evertime , They have studied and tried everything I expect so what i got out of all the mods and stuff was a total respect for the builders!!!

Since the link has BOSSTER and not booster, you have to wonder about overall QC ... but who knows, maybe it reads the actual battery voltage and adds 0.25v to every reading before sending it on to the controller. It'd sure make the battery last longer per charge.

ps: in case you don't detect the flip side, dragging a battery below some acceptable cutoff works, but only for a while.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929