DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Battery Cycles; Definition

meierjn

Reactions
I have a DJI Mini 3 Fly more combo that came with 3 batteries. I cycle between batteries after every flight. I like to top-up the batteries before heading out even if they have only been sitting unused for a few days. This got me curious with what is the DJI definition of a battery cycle? I see in the controller that each battery cycle is counted but is a count every time it is charged or does the battery have to be below a certain point to be recorded as a battery cycle? I'd like to maximize each batteries lifespan so would like to try and keep each batteries cycle count close.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: mark.pinskey
I have a DJI Mini 3 Fly more combo that came with 3 batteries. I cycle between batteries after every flight. I like to top-up the batteries before heading out even if they have only been sitting unused for a few days. This got me curious with what is the DJI definition of a battery cycle? I see in the controller that each battery cycle is counted but is a count every time it is charged or does the battery have to be below a certain point to be recorded as a battery cycle? I'd like to maximize each batteries lifespan so would like to try and keep each batteries cycle count close.

Thanks in advance!
I will watch for answers as I always wondered about this myself. Thanks for asking the question….

With my mini 3 pro, I've noticed that after three or four days idle, the batteries are still showing 4 lights and if linked to the charger, will start to 'top up' whatever nominal charge has been lost, so an *estimate* would be that the charge has to drop to 80% and below before the BMS frees the battery to accept charge.

The only way to be certain with accuracy would be to take an external volt/amp reading every 12 hours or so after fully charging before attempting to get a top up started.... man that would be a major faff...

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmarti23