DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI bonus

apowen8976

Reactions
I crashed my MA chrismas and sent it off to be repaired. I have Refresh so was offered a choice of £57 repair or £79 refresh 1st replacement. Clearly made sense to go for the repair which was to replace a circuit board

Well suprise surprise today received it back to find a brandnew aircraft.... Had to peel every stick off again. ...... bonus!!
There must of been more damage than they originally quoted me for. Well done DJI for taking the hit

Nice to read about the good stories, which I think happen most often, but most people do not post when something positive happens - you only ever read the negative.

Personally I would have gone with the refresh after a crash of any kind because I am so an@l, but obviously you made the right decision in this case as you ended up with a brand new drone for the lower cost - well done.

It will have a different serial number so it is "new to you" but most likely a refurbished unit. This saves turn around time. Somebody else will get your old Mavic as their refurb once it's repaired.

They put the protective stickers on refurbs too. But inside I've found stripped screws and other evidence not factory new.

Yes the serial number is different but must admit it is in mint condition would they also flash the firmware back to a default too?

I live in a NFZ so after I updated it would not allow me to take off. The replacement is still on the old out if box and warns me I am in a class c area etc etc..... So might take me a while to update this one lol

Reactions: IronRick
It will have a different serial number so it is "new to you" but most likely a refurbished unit. This saves turn around time. Somebody else will get your old Mavic as their refurb once it's repaired.

They put the protective stickers on refurbs too. But inside I've found stripped screws and other evidence not factory new.
I actually had this happen and is one reason I have no trust in DJI security. I received a referb for a repair and when I turned it on I found some of the previous pilots information. It wasn't much but with a little effort I was able to track the previous owner to both the DJI and PhantomPilots forums in addition to eventually establishing his address and from that his real name. Now, if I crash, it's either a self repair or total loss.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead