DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI cannot explain mavic malfunction

dayo

Reactions
Hi
I'm looking for some help /advice, as I seem to be getting nowhere with DJI, and Refresh! I was flying my mavic in Jamaica on vacation, and after already completing one fly around, I landed the drone, changed the battery, ensuring the new one clicked into place. I then re-saved my home point and took off for more footage. Within a minute of the new flight the app on my phone crashed, and so I immediately activated the return to home option on the RC. I then attempted to re-open the app, at which point the RC started flashing 'connecting', and the drone was nowhere to be seen, and presume it dropped into the sea. I searched for hours to try and retreive the device, almost drowning my phone in the process trying to track it.

I have uploaded all the data to DJI and they have come back with the following;

Dear David,
Thanks for your patience.
For your claimed case CAS-1445206-R2B6S6, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. The aircraft worked in Go-home mode triggered via the app at the beginning of the flight;
2. T=00:06, H=29 m, D=379.4 m, battery 40%, the attitude of aircraft flipped over. The flight record ended at T=00:11 and the warning of high wind also popped up that time.
With the current record ended, we could not verify what happened before and afterwards.
We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for aircraft without charger and remote:
http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro-aircraft-excludes-remote-controller-and-battery-charger#
If you would like to accept the offer, please reply email directly. And when you place an order, do you want to ship it to United Kingdom?
Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.
Best Regards,
Lydia
DJI Tech Support

The files I uploaded to DJI can be accessed from this link

FlightRecord.zip

There is no cached video data available, I have already looked for that, however, I'm still questioning what happened. They cannot explain why the flight record shows that the drone took off from the middle of the sea, when the previous record states the correct landing /take off point?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phamvl3508