DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI care is no longer worth it.

Don't get me wrong. For many years DJI Care was an awesome deal, I claimed, genuinely, many times over the years.
I do not think you should purchase anything, home, car, electronics without some insurance. It is just that for the drones I have it is simply not worth it, by a long way.

Very interesting. I just went to Dji.com and looked up the 1 year care plan for the Mavic 3 Classic. It doesnt specify here that its only for the EU and UK. Guess I'll find out when I get the official document.
I realize this post is from 6 months ago but the "Rewards for Safe Use" mentions "an additional 1-year extended warranty service". It doesn't say anything about an additional year of DJI Care Refresh ...unless that's what they mean by "warranty".

Ali

I realize this post is from 6 months ago but the "Rewards for Safe Use" mentions "an additional 1-year extended warranty service". It doesn't say anything about an additional year of DJI Care Refresh ...unless that's what they mean by "warranty".

Ali
It's confusing but here's what I think: DJI Care Refresh and your manufacturer's warranty are two different animals. Everybody gets the one-year manufacturer's warranty which covers defects and flaws and things that DJI will opt to fix if they believe it's their fault. If you want insurance because you make mistakes and you take risks and you want to cover a catastrophic loss, you purchase one or two years of DJI Care Refresh.

During year one, if your drone has a problem, DJI will determine if they full cover it under warranty (which means free replacement/replacement) and if not, you will pay for repairs unless you have DJI Care Refresh which will likely cover it mostly (per terms). But if you go one entire year with no DJI Care Refresh claims, you are rewarded and you get to repeat this process for the next year: You have an issue in year two and DJI will evaluate it (under year 2 of your manufacturer's warranty which means free replacement/repair). If not, you either have DJI Care Refresh coverage because you bought 2 years or you purchased a 1-year renewal (if this option is still available in 2023).

Reactions: 3rdof5
Never picked any extra assurance; if the drone fails within the 3 years, I have the warranty; if I crash it and it's my fault I'll just buy a second hand unit of just the drone.

Not even in the Avata which is prone to crash, although quite thought.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky