DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji care or not

Lorenzothcc

Reactions
how much does it cost to repair / replace a mavic mini without dji care refresh including shipping? and with the dji care refresh you pay for shipments?
Tahnks

Replacement$/shipping$ depends on your supplier.Cost to fix depends on the damage.If covered under Csre Refresh I believe freight is covered,but you can check with DJI to verify.

If you buy Care Refresh you may never need it.If you don't buy it you should have.It is like any other insurance.Feeling lucky?

My experience has been good. I have DJI Refresh on both my Mavic Air and Mavic Mini. I crashed my MA last year, broke front arm and mucked up the gyro/camera, they replaced it without question, with a 10 day turn around. Recently I sent in my MA Controller that no longer charged (connector problem). No charge, under warranty. Same turnaround time. DJI paid postage both ways, UPS to them and USPS return. BTW: Just recieved my (replaced) controller yesterday. Reconnected with aircraft and all is good. I chose email contact and DJI Repair communicated (same day) in a timely manner with me, notified me of status, cost. Frankly, I was surprised at minimal cost list, and then "no charge, under warranty".
Contact DJI Repair with your situation and they can provided detailed information on repair/replacement. Once they return it, they will offer DJI Refresh. I would recommend taking them up on the offer, for the MA it is $39.
Hope this helps. Wish you well on your repair experience, so you can get back up in the air.

Reactions: Lorenzothcc
Replacement$/shipping$ depends on your supplier.Cost to fix depends on the damage.If covered under Csre Refresh I believe freight is covered,but you can check with DJI to verify.

If you buy Care Refresh you may never need it.If you don't buy it you should have.It is like any other insurance.Feeling lucky?
Yes, I think? Anyway thanks for your advice. For safety I think i'll do the care refresh.

I entirely trashed an almost brand-new Mavic Mini covered with CareRefresh. I flew it hard into a tree, and it hit hard a few times on its way to the ground. The case split apart and camera was torn loose.

I started an on-line service request, printed the barcode label and in a week it was at the US repair facility.

The detailed parts and labor came up to $170 if I wanted to avoid making a claim.

The replacement with CareRefresh was $40. A new drone's on its way, shipped within hours after I paid the $40. Shipping's included in that.

I did similar with a Mavic 2 Zoom, flew it hard into the house in the dark while harassing my dogs who were barking through the window. It was replaced for $139.

If you don't claim the drone was at fault they'll turn it around in a day. If you think the drone was at fault it might take a few days for them to check it out.

Take into account flyaways are not covered by DJICare...:(
Good point. You will want to find your drone, if it gets away. DJI refresh requires you to return the broken drone. Then all is good.

"I did similar with a Mavic 2 Zoom, flew it hard into the house in the dark while harassing my dogs who were barking through the window. It was replaced for $139."

Yikes! ;)

It's a cost to benefit ratio with a bit of risk = Y or N. In short, it all depends. Been flying 10-years prefer obstacle avoidance off, shoot landscapes or....is this your first drone, you are challenged by not having obstacle avoidance, do you shoot in between trees, homes, powerlines (risk level).

Now how much did you pay? For example, I paid $225 USD for this drone (Mavic Mini) to be delivered to my doorstep. That includes using a DJI credit and avoiding tariffs and taxes. In other words, it's a personal choice based on your price risk level. How much is the warranty?

Now, how much must you chip in to use the warranty service because they charge a replacement fee when you do. Also, as a previous user of a DJI drone warranty, you must realize that you will be out of a drone for 1/2 a month no matter what. It goes ground shipping....S L O W and DJI warranty repair shop will not rush anything.

So if I ballpark this out...about $120 in warranty purchase and repair fees + 1/2 month of having no drone = bad deal. However, if my drone costs $1500, I must rethink my risk vs repair cost/replacement.

Reactions: hiflyer201
It works for me. Happy to know that I have backup. I have been flying RC aircraft (all types) for many years and never had this type of support. It was you crash, sorry, you lose. I have confidence in this type of service, my cost to benefit ratio has been positive. Just spent the afternoon flying my MA with a repaired/replaced controller at no cost to me. Out 10 days of flying, no sweat, weather was bad and I had a MM in my flight bag, for backup. Each person, has to weigh the benefit. I am a happy flyer. Enjoy your flying.

Last edited:
A warning to the newbies (myself included) about purchasing the refresh before the 48 hrs timeframe. I was within 1 hr on the inside window of that timeframe. So a quick question about refresh, does it only apply to new drones, seems they prefer payment before activation. Are you locked out after the 48 hrs window?

A warning to the newbies (myself included) about purchasing the refresh before the 48 hrs timeframe. I was within 1 hr on the inside window of that timeframe. So a quick question about refresh, does it only apply to new drones, seems they prefer payment before activation. Are you locked out after the 48 hrs window?
DJI will require a series of logs that they will prescribe after 48 hr beyond activation.

I have it on 4 drones. When I used it on my MPP that covered the cost of the policy on all my drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98