DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh in Germany

Rampage

Reactions
Hi all,

I am about to sign up for the DJI Care Refresh after the 48 hour window. Reading the video process tutorial in one of the points it says that I need to fly the drone to 120 meters height. It is not possible as here in Germany the law states you are allow to fly at up to 100 meters.
Furthermore in my area it is allowed to fly to up to 50 meters. It is an airspace controlled zone.

Already wrote to the DJI Support and they replied with some template saying basically what DJI Care Refresh is...

Has anyone any idea how can I do the whole video recording process with this height requirement?

I don't really see the link between DJI Care Refresh and max flight altitude... They're both entirely unrelated.
Care Refresh is just some sort of insurance in case you crash the drone so you don't have to buy an entirely new one, under one condition only, in that you retrieve the crashed drone. So I'm not sure what your question is.

"Needing" to fly 120m high also sounds odd to me. Never have I heard someone mention a situation where you were obligated to fly that high. Are you sure they didn't simply mention that you cannot go beyond that limit? Because 120 meters is the general maximum altitude rule.

Probably I didn't explain correct- in order to purchase DJI Care Refresh and given that the 48 hours have already passed I need to shoot a video in order to verify my aircraft and send it to them. Below is a link with all the steps required:
https://repair.dji.com/Files/DJI Care Video Verification Tutorial.pdf
There is one point saying: " Carry out a distance and altitude test, making sure to show the DJI GO app clearly in your shot. In an open space, distance and altitude should reach at least around 200m and 120m respectively."
I cannot do the height video test as it is forbidden to fly that hight by law. And then was following my question if anyone know another way to do that video verification process.
Thanks!

Just fly it above 120 m already. I think you have committed more serious "Crimes" in the past and you will not put the video on YouTube complete with a download link to you signed confession, or will you? Or be a good citizen and shell out the 800 EUR, once you crash it. Just don't be such as sissy...

Just fly it above 120 m already. I think you have committed more serious "Crimes" in the past and you will not put the video on YouTube complete with a download link to you signed confession, or will you? Or be a good citizen and shell out the 800 EUR, once you crash it. Just don't be such as sissy...

I would really much appreciate comments from people who are competent in this subject.

You don't know me, also putting words like committing crimes and don't call me sissy!!

I am trying to comply with the regulations as I can understand most of the drone pilots are and because of what you say above and not following the rules drone regulations are that tight already.
I am sure you didn't know that as well but the verification video needs to be posted on Youtube. DJI's requirement.

I would really much appreciate comments from people who are competent in this subject.

You don't know me, also putting words like committing crimes and don't call me sissy!!

I am trying to comply with the regulations as I can understand most of the drone pilots are and because of what you say above and not following the rules drone regulations are that tight already.
I am sure you didn't know that as well but the verification video needs to be posted on Youtube. DJI's requirement.

Yeah sure... For the record. I just suggested to leave out the written confession when uploading to YouTube. And if you do not know how to post an unlisted video to YouTube, you should probably not be allowed near a DJI controller anyway. You have a point though. The sissy remark is was uncalled for. Let's just go with drama queen. I live in Germany myself, so I know it's a thing here. But it annoys me to no end. Just grow a pair and enjoy your Care and Refresh (like I do) or just don't. It is as simple as that.

What about driving a few km where there is no such airspace violation?
Such as flying up a hill, staying within 100 m AGL, but as well 120m above take off location.
In addition, there might be also an area to be found which is in airspace G (100m AGL).

That is not an option,
What about driving a few km where there is no such airspace violation?
Such as flying up a hill, staying within 100 m AGL, but as well 120m above take off location.
In addition, there might be also an area to be found which is in airspace G (100m AGL).

Nah, that does not work, since 100 m is the maximum for all of Germany. I am 10 km from an
Airport so it's only 30 m. But even in unrestricted areas the maximum altitude you are allowed
to fly is 100 m. But then again, you are not allowed to walk over the street on a red light,
you are not allowed over 50 km of speed in cities, you dog is not allowed to **** on the street,
you can't drill a hole in your rented apartment after 10 pm. What are we talking about exactly?

since 100 m is the maximum for all of Germany
Luftverkehrs-Ordnung (LuftVO)
§ 21b Verbotener Betrieb von unbemannten Luftfahrtsystemen und Flugmodellen

8) in Flughöhen über 100 Metern über Grund

Reactions: Rampage
Probably I didn't explain correct- in order to purchase DJI Care Refresh and given that the 48 hours have already passed I need to shoot a video in order to verify my aircraft and send it to them. Below is a link with all the steps required:
https://repair.dji.com/Files/DJI Care Video Verification Tutorial.pdf
There is one point saying: " Carry out a distance and altitude test, making sure to show the DJI GO app clearly in your shot. In an open space, distance and altitude should reach at least around 200m and 120m respectively."
I cannot do the height video test as it is forbidden to fly that hight by law. And then was following my question if anyone know another way to do that video verification process.
Thanks!
Ah! that explains a lot. I wasn't aware of this verification method as I do not have Care Refresh myself.
I reckon you'd have to do this outside of the no-fly zone, but perhaps someone who does have Care Refresh could shine a light on that.
Alternatively, you could consider a regular drone insurance instead, if available. These usually don't require you to return the damaged quad, which is handy in case you simply lose it.

Ah! that explains a lot. I wasn't aware of this verification method as I do not have Care Refresh myself.
I reckon you'd have to do this outside of the no-fly zone, but perhaps someone who does have Care Refresh could shine a light on that.
Alternatively, you could consider a regular drone insurance instead, if available. These usually don't require you to return the damaged quad, which is handy in case you simply lose it.
That is also an option but I am not aware of such type of insurance in Germany (haven't researched that yet). Thanks!

Just an update: these guys from the DJI support simply do not understand what prohibited means, now they think that the drone itself cannot get to a 120m height due to a connection problem... I think I will give up on this DJI Care Refresh idea

The rules says "around" 120 meters. I'd say 100 meters is "around" 120 meters. To me it sounds unfair by DJI to expect you to break the law in Germany. Else you are very welcome to come to Sweden. Maximum altitude outside controlled airspace is 120 meters here.

After a few emails with the DJI support they agreed that 100 meters are sufficient enough. I will post an update here after I get the Care Refresh in case somebody else is getting this.

The rules says "around" 120 meters. I'd say 100 meters is "around" 120 meters. To me it sounds unfair by DJI to expect you to break the law in Germany. Else you are very welcome to come to Sweden. Maximum altitude outside controlled airspace is 120 meters here.

Thanks ainaelon, just spoke with them, 100m should be fine

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf