DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Launches Flyaway Coverage: Enjoy Worry-Free Flights

I’m in NY and it’s pretty common here. I’m sure State Farm is available nationwide but not every agent is familiar with drone coverage. Technically it’s a “personal effects” coverage and can be a standalone policy, not a rider.
Not exactly Nationwide but pretty close, No Coverage in CA. The rate is $1.25 per $100 coverage with a $60/year minimum premium. The drone may only be used for personal recreational purposes, not for business use. So basically, unless the drone is worth more than $5,000 then the annual premium would be $60. There is no deductible and it provides for broad coverage like loss of equipment or damage to the drone. Seems some states or agents adjust minimum some lower, some a tad higher, Not sure what's up with that as same underwriter.

I got the State Farm insurance on my Mavic Air two last spring. When I bought my Mini two my agent added that drone to my policy. So I’m getting coverage on both drones for $60 in Michigan.

I’m in NY and it’s pretty common here. I’m sure State Farm is available nationwide but not every agent is familiar with drone coverage. Technically it’s a “personal effects” coverage and can be a standalone policy, not a rider. They do want pictures of the drone and a copy of the receipt and serial number. They cover all the accessories too. I covered the drone, fly more kit, ND filters, anti-collision lights, landing gear extensions and even the decals I skinned it with. Anything that can be lost if it plops into the pond or gets stolen.

The only downside is they will only pay out what you paid for it. So if you got a great deal, like on eBay for $1200, when it’s really worth $1600, they’re only going to give you the $1200 you paid. But on the plus side, there’s no deductible and considering that it’s generally $60 a year for coverage and they’ll pay you if you lose it or have a flyaway, I’d say it’s a win.
Much appreciated! I'll have to check around and see if I can scare some info up from an AZ agent.

I have DJI Care Refresh and State Farm insurance. That covers crash damage and it also covers me if it flies away or decides to do some water sports and sinks. The State Farm policy is only about $60 a year; I don't know exactly, because I have camera gear on the same small policy. I also have State Farm for my home and autos, but this is a separate policy and I have read where other pilots have State Farm only for their drones. Beats the ridiculous price from DJI!

I’m in NY and it’s pretty common here. I’m sure State Farm is available nationwide but not every agent is familiar with drone coverage. Technically it’s a “personal effects” coverage and can be a standalone policy, not a rider. They do want pictures of the drone and a copy of the receipt and serial number. They cover all the accessories too. I covered the drone, fly more kit, ND filters, anti-collision lights, landing gear extensions and even the decals I skinned it with. Anything that can be lost if it plops into the pond or gets stolen.

The only downside is they will only pay out what you paid for it. So if you got a great deal, like on eBay for $1200, when it’s really worth $1600, they’re only going to give you the $1200 you paid. But on the plus side, there’s no deductible and considering that it’s generally $60 a year for coverage and they’ll pay you if you lose it or have a flyaway, I’d say it’s a win.
I did a bit of research, and went to see the State Farm local agent yesterday. They insured the whole works, just as they did yours, for $60/year, no deductible. Killer deal! Bought a year up front!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki