DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI care refresh problems

smunderloh

Reactions
I bought the care refresh because it claimed "fly with confidence" and "water damage covered." I realize I should have read the fine print before I purchased, but the requirement that the drone be recovered was only made obvious after I made the purchase. They should add that to the above hype up front. My Mavic landed in salt water when I activated the RTH when it was too close to me-it just lands wherever it is instead of returning to home. Who knew? Of course I could not recover it. DJI has been completely unresponsive to my emails. I finally talked to customer rep. "Lloyd" and he promised to pass my claim to the next level and that they would contact me within 48 hours. It has been a month and no word yet. I would not have purchased the Care Refresh if I had known of the stipulation--the thing flies 4 miles over all kinds of terrain--the chances of recovering it are not good. I have purchased 3 drones from DJI and have been treated poorly by customer service. The least they could have done was reply to my claim. I feel they are being deceptive when they advertise the DJI Care Refresh.

Sorry for your loss. That must be frustrating.

I activated the RTH when it was too close to me-it just lands wherever it is instead of returning to home. Who knew?
From the manual:
Aircraft automatically descends and lands if RTH is triggered when the aircraft is within a 16 ft (5 m) radius of the Home Point.

If this is the case, it sounds like it should have landed within 16 feet of the home point. Is there no way that you can retrieve it from the water?

I bought the care refresh because it claimed "fly with confidence" and "water damage covered." I realize I should have read the fine print before I purchased, but the requirement that the drone be recovered was only made obvious after I made the purchase. They should add that to the above hype up front. My Mavic landed in salt water when I activated the RTH when it was too close to me-it just lands wherever it is instead of returning to home. Who knew? Of course I could not recover it. DJI has been completely unresponsive to my emails. I finally talked to customer rep. "Lloyd" and he promised to pass my claim to the next level and that they would contact me within 48 hours. It has been a month and no word yet. I would not have purchased the Care Refresh if I had known of the stipulation--the thing flies 4 miles over all kinds of terrain--the chances of recovering it are not good. I have purchased 3 drones from DJI and have been treated poorly by customer service. The least they could have done was reply to my claim. I feel they are being deceptive when they advertise the DJI Care Refresh.

The bigger question is why did you hit RTH when it was only a few feet away from you?

What happened with the return to home? I didn't quite understand.
Apparently, if the RTH is triggered within a short distance of the controller (I am not sure exactly what the number is) the drone will just land rather than return to home. I doubt if most people are aware of this feature and I cannot imagine what the purpose of such a feature would be.

I honestly feel that DJI should have made the stipulation clear that the drone has to be recovered in their initial advertising for the Care Refresh.

Thanks to everyone who has viewed and commented on my post.

Sorry for your loss. That must be frustrating.

From the manual:
Aircraft automatically descends and lands if RTH is triggered when the aircraft is within a 16 ft (5 m) radius of the Home Point.

If this is the case, it sounds like it should have landed within 16 feet of the home point. Is there no way that you can retrieve it from the water?
The aircraft landed at least 200 hundred feet from the home point which unfortunately was in the water. If it would have been within 16 feet I could have easily recovered it because it would have been on dry land.

The aircraft landed at least 200 hundred feet from the home point which unfortunately was in the water. If it would have been within 16 feet I could have easily recovered it because it would have been on dry land.
So when you triggered the return to home, was it close to you? Did it then fly away? Just trying to understand what happened.

So when you triggered the return to home, was it close to you? Did it then fly away? Just trying to understand what happened.
To the best of my knowledge, I activated RTH when the drone was in my vicinity--it was dusk, and I decided to use the feature. I do not have the exact data, but the altitude was at least 100 feet. The Mavic landed in the water at least 200 ft. from the home point.

My personal experience with DJI Care Refresh was shocking to me.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa