DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

SHRED

Reactions
Anyone have opinions on this insurance offered by DJI?
The text was so small on their site I couldn't read it on my phone...lol.

What does it cover?
Has anyone gotten better customer service as advertised through this program?

Last edited:
Reactions: SHRED
Anyone have opinions on this insurance offered by DJI?
The text was so small on their site I couldn't read it on my phone...lol.

What does it cover?
Has anyone gotten better customer service as advertised through this program?

You will receive better customer service if you send your mavic in for a refresh as opposed to sending it in for a repair outside of refresh. Turnaround time could be two or three weeks as opposed to four to six weeks.

As a newbie, you can expect a crash sometime in the future. I'm not being negative just being realistic. You shouldn't only have refresh as stand-alone Insurance, you should look into other drone insurance policies from State Farm, USAA and others. Then you will be covered no matter what happens.

Refresh will cover you if it's operator error and the Drone is recoverable but it won't cover you for total loss as in at the bottom of a lake or a fly away.

I have sold many drones, and I recommend having both refresh for accidents that are under three or four hundred dollars and State Farm for total losses.

Reactions: Soundtekk and SHRED
Note that DJI doesn't allow their "Care Refresh" to be transferred. You would have to get another new Refresh after making a detailed video of your used drone. And it's not cheap, $99 to start and $79 for the first claim.

State Farm coverage doesn't apply to the first year! Coverage starts the SECOND year!

Your home owners policy will cover the drone regardless if you have it or not. But check your deductible and any "hit" on your policy may increase your insurance rates in the future!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine