DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

Photo guy

Reactions
Like an idiot, I did not sign up for the DJI Care Refresh plan when I purchased my Mini 2 back in November. I just this morning sent the drone in for repair to the card reader....the question is..............can I still get the Care Refresh plan (knowing that it's too late to cover this repair now)? I bought the drone from Adorama, but failed to think about having some sort of protection plan........what a goofball.

It maybe that you will get a drone that needs activation, if so you should be able to easily buy care refresh then or within 48 hours of activation.
If not then google "verification video" and "DJI care refresh".

Reactions: Photo guy
It maybe that you will get a drone that needs activation, if so you should be able to easily buy care refresh then or within 48 hours of activation.
If not then google "verification video" and "DJI care refresh".
Sure hope so, because it appears I'm a stumbling, bumbling clown who needs protection from myself........lol.

We all have to learn our way with these complicated things. Meaning no offence but if your eyes are not what they once were do not be afraid to use magnifying glasses and the like to see small objects. I am a decade younger than you and I use a head mounted set of magnifiers for small work
This, if it opens for you, is an advert for mine though I got mine on ebay
It is/was a 5 oops 4 lens version of the following of this
I also found the following which has a different light

Last edited:
Like an idiot, I did not sign up for the DJI Care Refresh plan when I purchased my Mini 2 back in November. I just this morning sent the drone in for repair to the card reader....the question is..............can I still get the Care Refresh plan (knowing that it's too late to cover this repair now)? I bought the drone from Adorama, but failed to think about having some sort of protection plan........what a goofball.
Is the card reader covered under warranty?

We all have to learn our way with these complicated things. Meaning no offence but if your eyes are not what they once were do not be afraid to use magnifying glasses and the like to see small objects. I am a decade younger than you and I use a head mounted set of magnifiers for small work
This, if it opens for you, is an advert for mine though I got mine on ebay
It is/was a 5 lens version of the following of this
I also found the following which has a different light
LOL, the eyes are fine after cataract surgery, but boy, those magnifiers look pretty good. I don't see so well that I can handle tiny screws/parts. Thanks for the head's up.

Reactions: @Rip
At your age you have a lot of experience with various types of insurance policies (liability and replacement) and associated risks. Sometimes replacement insurance is a good idea; sometimes it is not; it's about understand the risks. Of course your can't purchase replacement/repair insurance after the damage occurs.
If you sent it do DJI for repair they will let you know the cost. After you pay they may even send a replacement; if they do they may then offer you the option to purchase CareRefresh for the that drone.
As for warranty, check details with DJI.

Is the card reader covered under warranty?
Yes. I recently had to send mine in because the card reader simply failed to eject anything. No charge. New drone. I'm going to go dumpster diving in back of the DJI lot and see if I can pick up a couple hundred drones....

I actually did that once and it was a super PIA. DJI makes you go through several hoops to prove the airworthiness of the drone. It has to be recorded too. I had to calibrate it, do the IMU thing , and the thing where you bring up the pattern on your computer screen and then move your drone around to the squares they present to you. I forgot the names of all of these tests, sorry. If you go to DJI and search I am sure you will find the requirements to prove your drone is ok.

I was able to purchase the plan, so I'm covered for the next year. The drone arrived back home today, and I'll be giving it a test fly tomorrow.

Glad the paid replacement and new drone with new CareRefresh worked--just like I would have expected. I had the same offer when I had my Spark "repaired" but I didn't get CareRefresh as it didn't make sense for an inexpensive drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura