DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

bigsie66

Reactions
hi guys
wondering what your thoughts are on DJI Care Refresh. am new too flying and have the mavic pro, been looking at various insurances (but there is always exclusions) which leaves you wondering if you are covered where as DJI Care Refresh seems straight forward

I don't know where you are located, but in the USA a lot of folks talk up State Farm insurance. It is less expensive than Refresh and has more coverage.

Regarding Refresh, I have it and used it to get a replacement in 10 days. I think its major drawback is you must send the wreck for repair/replacement. If you cannot recover it you are SOL.

Reactions: bigsie66
I don't know where you are located, but in the USA a lot of folks talk up State Farm insurance. It is less expensive than Refresh and has more coverage.

Regarding Refresh, I have it and used it to get a replacement in 10 days. I think its major drawback is you must send the wreck for repair/replacement. If you cannot recover it you are SOL.
in uk been looking at insurance thanks for reply

hi guys
wondering what your thoughts are on DJI Care Refresh. am new too flying and have the mavic pro, been looking at various insurances (but there is always exclusions) which leaves you wondering if you are covered where as DJI Care Refresh seems straight forward
Don’t forget that you only get 48hrs from first registration with DJI to take up Care Refresh. I did for my MA and thankful that I did! Crashed while still learning the basics - got a brand new replacement within 10 days of logging the claim. I’m in the UK and the drone was sent to The Netherlands

Don’t forget that you only get 48hrs from first registration with DJI to take up Care Refresh
It's still possible to purchase DJI Care Refresh after 48 hours. The downside is you must submit a video to DJI to show your drone is in working order. More details can be found here.

When I bought my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo last Friday I decided to not include Care Refresh but... when registering the drone and when I was presented with option to add the insurance coverage I selected to go with 1 year coverage. Reason is I don't have a time to shop around for drone insurance policy and being in Ontario, Canada finding any reasonable coverage would be a big challenge. I have very bad memories insuring my scooter and two bikes, last year I had to pay over $4.7K to insure them. Based on this experience I think $129 CAD for one year is not a big deal and is better than nothing :)

Be sure to purchase the Refreh directly from DJI. When I bought my MP through Amazon, I also added the Refresh as an add-on. The Refresh was through a 3rd party seller...it was a nightmare...never received a working code. Ultimately after months of going back and forth, was finally issued a refund by the seller.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Only issue with refresh is that you need to send the drone back. Doesn't work if you have lost it completely. With personal article insurance, it doesn't have that restrictions.

Be sure to purchase the Refreh directly from DJI. When I bought my MP through Amazon, I also added the Refresh as an add-on. The Refresh was through a 3rd party seller...it was a nightmare...never received a working code. Ultimately after months of going back and forth, was finally issued a refund by the seller.
What code?
I ask because I bought the refresh from DJI. All I got was an e mail saying I made the purchase and the date. I don’t recall seeing any code and what would you use that for, to use if you ever need to use the refresh policy?

I ask because I bought the refresh from DJI. All I got was an e mail saying I made the purchase and the date. I don’t recall seeing any code
The code is used to activate the service. If you buy DJI Care Refresh along with your drone direct from DJI, they activate the service for you. No code is needed.

what would you use that for, to use if you ever need to use the refresh policy?
It's only needed to activate the service. Nothing more.

Thanks

hi guys

State Farm says that they would insure with no deductible and for any loss. Quoted around $60. Going there tomorrow to follow up and proceed with application if true.

Reactions: Cbslagle
What code?
I ask because I bought the refresh from DJI. All I got was an e mail saying I made the purchase and the date. I don’t recall seeing any code and what would you use that for, to use if you ever need to use the refresh policy?

What @msinger said!

DJI care is worth nothing I've only had aggravation from it. I've send back my DJI Inspire 2 and after 3 weeks they return the same drone to me with the same problem.

DJI care is worth nothing I've only had aggravation from it. I've send back my DJI Inspire 2 and after 3 weeks they return the same drone to me with the same problem.
Like I said, it worked brilliantly for me (UK based & processed in Netherlands)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000