DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

DroneTiger

Reactions
Got the father-in-law a Mavic Pro for Christmas. Second battery in and crashed in to a tree limb. Is it still possible to register this under DJI Care Refresh and get the damage covered? I know it said we had 48 to sign up for it so, we are well within the time frame.

Got the father-in-law a Mavic Pro for Christmas. Second battery in and crashed in to a tree limb. Is it still possible to register this under DJI Care Refresh and get the damage covered? I know it said we had 48 to sign up for it so, we are well within the time frame.
Not if it’s already damaged.

Reactions: old man mavic
as long as it is less than 48 hours since you registered the drone , but you would be lying as you agree that the drone is in perfect condition when you apply for the refresh package

To Boss Bob:
Quick answer...NO!

Long Answer to follow here:
DJI Refresh must be bought and paid for within 48 hours of purchase. I did not buy DJI Refresh for my Mavic Air in that time period. About three months after purchase I finally decided to get DJI Refresh. DJI instructed me to do several mandatory tests, and screen record them, and then send them in.

The tests essentially proved that your drone was in working order. The Chinese are anything but dumb. So I did the tests, and they were all legitimate and I was able to purchase a 12 month DJI Refresh policy. As it turned out, I actually used the DJI Refresh in the last 2 weeks of the policy expiration date. I had to send my Mavic Air to the Houston facility and did receive back a ?New/refurbished unit , same color and new serial number. It works fine and I am now selling it- a practically brand new drone for a fraction of the price new, with fly more kit. I purchased Mavic 2 Pro and I shall miss my Mavic Air...noise and all.

Thanks everyone! It’s pretty much what I figured but I told him, I’d ask anyway. I had assumed that once they got the drone in for repair they could look at flight log and figure out quickly that the crash happened before he purchased the plan.

I kept telling him to stay away from the trees, but some people just have to learn the hard way, I guess.

To Boss Bob:
Quick answer...NO!

Long Answer to follow here:
DJI Refresh must be bought and paid for within 48 hours of purchase. I did not buy DJI Refresh for my Mavic Air in that time period. About three months after purchase I finally decided to get DJI Refresh. DJI instructed me to do several mandatory tests, and screen record them, and then send them in.

The tests essentially proved that your drone was in working order. The Chinese are anything but dumb. So I did the tests, and they were all legitimate and I was able to purchase a 12 month DJI Refresh policy. As it turned out, I actually used the DJI Refresh in the last 2 weeks of the policy expiration date. I had to send my Mavic Air to the Houston facility and did receive back a ?New/refurbished unit , same color and new serial number. It works fine and I am now selling it- a practically brand new drone for a fraction of the price new, with fly more kit. I purchased Mavic 2 Pro and I shall miss my Mavic Air...noise and all.
Maybe you can tell me if I got screwed,......I bought a (Barely) used Mavic Pro a month or so ago. Prior owner-based on flight logs,first flight in 2017 flew under 1.5 hours TT, and apparently never registered it with DJI. Then he died and his daughter sold me everything.

As I was going thru everything and setting up dji account etc, I got the end and the DJI go app said I had 48 hours to purchase dji care refresh for $99, so of course I did.

Question is, will they have to honor a claim? The internal flight logs will show first flights in 2017, then 2 years of nothing, then my flights after purchasing care refresh? If not, should I call and try to cancel it and get my $100 back? I have a valid care refresh contract....

Maybe you can tell me if I got screwed,......I bought a (Barely) used Mavic Pro a month or so ago. Prior owner-based on flight logs,first flight in 2017 flew under 1.5 hours TT, and apparently never registered it with DJI. Then he died and his daughter sold me everything.

As I was going thru everything and setting up dji account etc, I got the end and the DJI go app said I had 48 hours to purchase dji care refresh for $99, so of course I did.

Question is, will they have to honor a claim? The internal flight logs will show first flights in 2017, then 2 years of nothing, then my flights after purchasing care refresh? If not, should I call and try to cancel it and get my $100 back? I have a valid care refresh contract....
I am certainly not an expert with my one and only experience, which was good. As previously mentioned, DJI required authentication that my Mavic Air was in good working order before authorizing DJI Refresh. They require a self recorded Aircraft Verification Video. I had to screen record several maneuvers and send these to them. I think one was an IMU calibration where you have to position the drone in 3 or 4 positions to calibrate, and another was where I had to calibrate pointing the drone at various targets on my computer screen. I was forced to learn these operations which , at the time, were really confusing to me but now I understand them better.

I took the time to look this up for you and here is what I have found;
Go to repair/DJI.com and watch the Aircraft Verification Video. (see attachment). Go through the steps, and you should be fine.

Hope this helps!! Let me know. This is a frequently asked question on the Forum so hopefully it will get in to the search archive.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 9.02.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 9.02.42 AM.png
    671.3 KB · Views: 11

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31