DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care... What if?

Lotsatrout

Reactions
Getting Mavic Mike ready to go back to the shop after a relatively non-exciting crash to be replaced under DJI care but..... the Mavic was beheaded in battle and we cant find the flippin camera and gimbal anywhere. Its somewhere stupid cuz we looked everywhere but to no avail. How will DJI react to the drone being sent back minus one part? Coulda been a motor or an arm for that matter im just wondering if that will be a show stopper or are they gonna demand my middle nut for a new camera? Thanks in advance to whomever can fill in the gaps for me!! Also.... a gold star by your mame for helping a bewb.... I mean.... newb. :)

Getting Mavic Mike ready to go back to the shop after a relatively non-exciting crash to be replaced under DJI care but..... the Mavic was beheaded in battle and we cant find the flippin camera and gimbal anywhere. Its somewhere stupid cuz we looked everywhere but to no avail. How will DJI react to the drone being sent back minus one part? Coulda been a motor or an arm for that matter im just wondering if that will be a show stopper or are they gonna demand my middle nut for a new camera? Thanks in advance to whomever can fill in the gaps for me!! Also.... a gold star by your mame for helping a bewb.... I mean.... newb. :)
Will be interesting what they say but in the terms of DJI care refresh the #1 item in the list of things not covered is

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1. Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories

They might not have a problem with a missing arm but the fimbal and camera assembly is a major component so I'm sure they're going to require it. They may agree to surcharge for it.
Perhaps you can get a replacement to include. It doesn't have to be working. DJI might have the s/n on record though.

They might not have a problem with a missing arm but the fimbal and camera assembly is a major component so I'm sure they're going to require it. They may agree to surcharge for it.
Perhaps you can get a replacement to include. It doesn't have to be working. DJI might have the s/n on record though.
Interestingly they make a big deal about the gimbal and aircraft camera s/n needing to match on the M2 but not for the M1. Don’t know what that means just an observation

They specifically addressed that on the M2 because there was the Zoom and Pro which had the same AC, just different gimbal/camera. Also they originally were going to offer a service to change from Zoom to Pro or vice versa.

They still may have a mapping of gimbal sn to AC sn even for M1. Chances are low though it will be a problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griggmi