DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you use as a landing pad?

I use this
I like it - although it was exactly a bullseye landing!

Definitely one of the most novel "landing pads" so far.

Edited to add: My wife, alas, was not at all impressed when I showed her. "Hasn't he got better things to do?" was one comment.

Reactions: MA2 317

Edited to add: My wife, alas, was not at all impressed when I showed her. "Hasn't he got better things to do?" was one comment.
Lol. I defiantly missed the bullseye. Tell your wife that I have better things to do and show her this picture. It's a Mad Max style drone that plows other drones out of the sky. She'll really think I have too much time on my hands then. Lol
20210308_070200.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: MA2 317

Every “Proof of Concept” is valuable.

Hi all Tasmania. Australia. I made a landing pad from spare materials laying around at home. I added a couple of hinges so it folds in half. I added hinges so that it folds in half for portability. Weight is around 2 kilo's............cheers

Attachments

• DJI_0099.JPG
    DJI_0099.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 20
I use two landing pads, one for each drone in their respective travel bags. The foldable one from PGYTech (square shape) is now my go-to, its less hassle, haha.

I do not like the cloth/nylon circular landing pads because they still tend to push up the cloth when laid out over grass covered fields and uneven terrain. Which normally interferes with startup gimbal calibration.

I prefer to use those interlocking foam workout pads. I got a package 4 for $12. More ridged and easy to stow.

Attachments

• 16163381_1.jpg
    16163381_1.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 7
I have the 3’ hood weighted pad and it works very well

I got sick and tired looking for a decent landing pad that wouldn’t blow away in the wind and could be deployed in just a few seconds, there are some thick rubber ones available on eBay and Amazon from the USA that by the time they land here in the UK your mortgage application should have just been approved - NOT HAPPENING.

Time to put on the thinking cap - and yes your local carpet store has the answer, “do you have any old carpet sample book’s” I enquired, “certainly do, help yourself” they said. A 1 meter square piece of the finest Royal Blue Axminster carpet was selected which I then decorated with Home Office approved emergency vehicle reflective flashing, hmmmm quite tasty me thinks, lets give it a try!

Result - works magnificently, doesn’t blow away in the wind, approved by DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Enterprise Dual as hard wearing yet comfortable on the feet and easy to spot from the air with a warm and inviting glow.

Cost in £ sterling - Zero
Import duty - Zero
VAT / Tax. - Zero
Use of imagination - Zero
Usefulness - Priceless

6BE1A9A2-CB6E-4681-BD7B-7674B15F8AD8.jpeg

I got sick and tired looking for a decent landing pad that wouldn’t blow away in the wind and could be deployed in just a few seconds, there are some thick rubber ones available on eBay and Amazon from the USA that by the time they land here in the UK your mortgage application should have just been approved - NOT HAPPENING.

Time to put on the thinking cap - and yes your local carpet store has the answer, “do you have any old carpet sample book’s” I enquired, “certainly do, help yourself” they said. A 1 meter square piece of the finest Royal Blue Axminster carpet was selected which I then decorated with Home Office approved emergency vehicle reflective flashing, hmmmm quite tasty me thinks, lets give it a try!

Result - works magnificently, doesn’t blow away in the wind, approved by DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Enterprise Dual as hard wearing yet comfortable on the feet and easy to spot from the air with a warm and inviting glow.

Cost in £ sterling - Zero
Import duty - Zero
VAT / Tax. - Zero
Use of imagination - Zero
Usefulness - Priceless

View attachment 133776
Yes the landing pad thing has been discussed for years on here and years ago it was decided that the carpet square was a very good option. Cheap to free, easily rolls up and firm enough for just about anywhere and won't easily blow away. Well if it can then it was probably not a good decision to fly that day.

With 3 small aluminum tent stakes, this has yet to blow away.

Attachments

• DLZ.JPG
    DLZ.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 1
With 3 small aluminum tent stakes, this has yet to blow away.
Now I have the same thing in the 3 foot model, it has a heavy outer ring and needs no stakes, in case you are on gravel or somthing else hard that you cant pound into.
Packs up small and has a case with nice carrying straps

Attachments

• IMG_5561.JPG
    IMG_5561.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Bryan L
I won mine at Spindown last year!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads