DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care

Mavic Blue

Reactions
So I have an interesting situation. I had the Mavic Pro at a buddy's house. He said, "fly over to my friend's house," so I did. Well his friend shot at the drone and caused damage. Luckily, the drone still functions.

Will DJI Care cover this sort of damage?

Yes Refresh will cover it as long as you have a drone to send them. I hope your friends friend pays the $79 for the Refresh. He should really buy you a new drone and you should give him your shot one as a trophy for his wall..

Reactions: Pipes101
Will DJI Care cover this sort of damage?
Why not make his friend pay for it? If you need help, I'm sure your local police department will be able to assist you.

Reactions: Simmo
Looks like an ambush to me.
Reminds me of my ducks hunting days.....a decoy and the trigger man so to speak.

Reactions: Former Member
He felt bad about it after he realized his friends sent it over. He thought it was some kids down the street (not that it makes it any better).

I'm glad the refresh will work for it. I'm gonna call them today.

And everyone was willing to pay for it. But I was the PIC, and I did go over to his house. So, it isn't their responsibility to pay for it.

"I shot an arrow into the air, it fell to Earth I know not where." wrote Longfellow, many years ago. He eventually "found" his arrow in an oak, unbroke, many years later. But bullets fired into the air sometimes come down into the bodies of unlucky other people.

I wonder if the guy who shot the drone wants to be one of those people - probably never even thought about it.

Oh my!!! I would have spank him if I caught him, reported to authorities and sent him the bill!

We went talked with him afterwards. Like I said, it's a close community and there's a large group of friends who get along great. I will say, this made several of them angry, because he "should've known that it was one of us."

We went talked with him afterwards. Like I said, it's a close community and there's a large group of friends who get along great. I will say, this made several of them angry, because he "should've known that it was one of us."

I think the entire point of this is that your friend is a real piece of work. Your FRIEND thinks he can shoot other people's property. If you are in the states, it's a pretty nice felony to shoot an aircraft down either manned or unmanned. The bigger concern is that bullets fall back down. The other concern is that your neighbor doesn't own the air above his house. I also find it disturbing that someone would shoot down what they think could be a child flying his toy drone over their house and it's ok to destroy little Timmy's toy.

Sounds like that guy has mental issues. Need to re-valuate your friends. His *** definitely would’ve been mine.

I think the entire point of this is that your friend is a real piece of work. Your FRIEND thinks he can shoot other people's property. If you are in the states, it's a pretty nice felony to shoot an aircraft down either manned or unmanned. The bigger concern is that bullets fall back down. The other concern is that your neighbor doesn't own the air above his house. I also find it disturbing that someone would shoot down what they think could be a child flying his toy drone over their house and it's ok to destroy little Timmy's toy.

This is a friend of a friend. I asked a whole bunch of times, "He won't mind, right?" And they said, "No, we are all pretty tight. Take some aerial pictures of his new pool, and we can send them to him."

Lesson learned. They were all shocked that he did that, and I kept as cool as I could. My main question is whether the insurance will cover it, and it sounds like it will.

Thanks all!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone