DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care?

PGM

Reactions
Can I receive feed back on whether DJI care is a good investment from folks who have experience getting repairs or replacement. I just purchased and need to make decision soon.
Thanks
Pat

Qualify good.

Yes it is a good investment if it is your only option. Not because they aren't responsive but because it is expensive.

State Farm is likely the better option and it is cheaper..

I got it just to ease my mind just in case something happened, but that was 2 yrs ago and never needed it!

Can I receive feed back on whether DJI care is a good investment from folks who have experience getting repairs or replacement. I just purchased and need to make decision soon.
Thanks
Pat

Where are you located? If you are in a place that does not offer State Farm PAP, then DJI Refresh might be your only option. I like State Farm better because it is all encompassing, is cheaper, offers a higher level of protection, and is renewable.

There are cheaper ways, but not simpler. I have DJICare on all my birds.
Simpler.. no probably not.

So here is the real important part.

If you get DJI Care and crash it you will need to produce the quad to have it repaired or replaced. If it's over water and you lose it that's tough deal. If you are able to provide the aircraft you must pay the deductible and they will likely send you a refurb not a new quad. One I used care refresh the Mavic I received was like new but definitely a refurb.

If you get state farm and it is stolen, wrecked, run over, dropped into the pacific you file a claim and get it replaced by a check. Did I also mention this option is cheaper than care refresh.

To be completely honest DJI Care refresh is the easiest. You just activate it when you get the bird. State Farm will require you to send photos etc and sign a contract.

Where are you located? If you are in a place that does not offer State Farm PAP, then DJI Refresh might be your only option. I like State Farm better because it is all encompassing, is cheaper, offers a higher level of protection, and is renewable.
I have it for the first time. Have you ever needed to use it? What was that like? I like the State farm route better because I will be traveling it would cover any potential issues I have lost, stolen, crashed, run over etc.

Simpler.. no probably not.

So here is the real important part.

If you get DJI Care and crash it you will need to produce the quad to have it repaired or replaced. If it's over water and you lose it that's tough deal. If you are able to provide the aircraft you must pay the deductible and they will likely send you a refurb not a new quad. One I used care refresh the Mavic I received was like new but definitely a refurb.

If you get state farm and it is stolen, wrecked, run over, dropped into the pacific you file a claim and get it replaced by a check. Did I also mention this option is cheaper than care refresh.

To be completely honest DJI Care refresh is the easiest. You just activate it when you get the bird. State Farm will require you to send photos etc and sign a contract.

When I got my State Farm PAP, they only asked me for the serial # and bill of sale. Easy peazy.

I have it for the first time. Have you ever needed to use it? What was that like?

Call in a claim. Tell them what happened. 2 days later, check is the the mailbox. They can also direct deposit into a checking account.

I keep a stack of State Farm business cards in my car and wallet. I found a great agent and I write all my insurance through her. I cant count how many people I have referred to them, but I get a nice State Farm Christmas card every year. lol

P.S. I dont make any money by referring people to State Farm. If I had a nickel for everyone I referred to them, I would probably have 5 dollars.

Reactions: Rattydude77
When I got my State Farm PAP, they only asked me for the serial # and bill of sale. Easy peazy.
I checked my email. Same, I sent in the serial number and invoice. Then I gave them my billing info over the phone. Done deal.

For water losses:
Works to 100’ depth. I always use it over deep water or ocean.

Reactions: Former Member
For water losses:
Works to 100’ depth. I always use it over deep water or ocean.

Alot of people use 2. If one doesnt deploy, theres the 2nd one,

I was hesitant to use it. So glad I did. After a crash two weeks ago I activated my plan. I used the express option. Got the ups return label, shipped it. With express they say they ship a new drone immediately upon receipt of the damaged one. Good communication all the way. They shipped the new same day they got my damaged one (even found and sent the sd card I forgot to remove). It’s arriving at my house today. Total elapsed time 7 days. With a weekend in there.

So, how much did it cost you in total? Buy Refresh, pay for Express, pay for Refresh deductible?

My Refresh is due to expire in September and I definitely think I will get the Refresh+ just to have that extra year and 1 replacement. Even with my State Farm PIP, it’s nice to be double covered.

Reactions: Former Member
Call a st. Farm agent first.
May save you some $ and possibly a few headaches.

I have it on all 3 of my birds; Spark, MPP, and M2P. I didn’t even want to try SF, personal situation and a policyholder for almost 40yrs.
I had a crash... my fault... with my MPP back when they were $1K and it took no hassle to get me a new, yes new, drone in 8 days counting a weekend. This more than paid for my premium on all the drones. So for me it has been excellent.

I have been fortunate enough to not have any claim issues.
(looking for a piece of wood to knock on)
I have too many DJI toys to buy any type of accident coverage on, so I just try not to be in a hurry and pay attention to what I’m doing.
I have dealt with St. Farm for over 30 years on other policies, so I may be a bit biased.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard