DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Customer Service follow through

Fieldstone

Reactions
OK, so I'm not yet what you might call a frequent flyer, but I'm getting there.
I was running thru some checks and updates to get ready for spring flying and found, like many others here, that I could not connect my MA to the DJI Assistant 2 - it just would not recognize that I had plugged the USB cable into the PC.
So, I reached out to DJI Customer Service, not really expecting a reply for this minor problem.
Surprise! Mae from CS got right back with a suggested run down:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problem using the DJI Assistant 2 to your Mavic Air Don't worry, we are here to help.

In line with the possible cause of the problem, kindly make sure that the DJI Assistant version that you have downloaded for your Mavic Air is the one showing below. Otherwise, the DJI Assistant 2 may not recognize your drone.
https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

After downloading the right version of the DJI Assistant 2 and problem continues, kindly follow the instructions below:

• Power on the aircraft and connect it to PC via USB cable;
    • Select the Start button on PC , type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results;
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of Unknown device, then right-click it, and select Update Driver;
    • Select Browse my computer for driver software and click Browse and go to where the drivers located (Sample: C:\Program Files\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Drivers);
      • Click Next and then the drivers will be installed.
After installing the drivers, re-plug the USB cable and launch DJI Assistant 2, then the Unknown Device should be gone from the Device Manager and DJI Assistant 2 should recognize the aircraft. If the issue still persists, you may disable the digital driver signature on PC temporarily.
I hope that the information I have provided helps. If there's anything else I can assist you with or if problem continues, please do not hesitate to let me know. I'll be more than happy to help. Thank you for choosing DJI products. Have a nice day and take care!
Best Regards,

Mae
DJI Technical support

I finally got the chance to check today, with the rain coming down here on the east coast. As I started the process, again, not pick up on the PC when I plug the USB in, so I grabbed another cable and put on a USB micro b to USB C adapter and the DJI Assistant 2 connected immediately and recognized the AIR. Success!
So, I reached out to my new friend at DJI, Mae, to follow thru and let them know I had solved my problem with a cable & figured that was the end of it. Mae replies:

Thank you for the update. We appreciate it.

I can't thank you enough for figuring how this problem can be resolved and I'm glad that you were able to fix it. I'm really sorry to hear that the cable we provided was the one causing the problem.

You may send the details below so that I can further check if I can request for a replacement cable:
1. First and Last Name:
2. Complete Shipping Address (No PO Box. Kindly send us your complete shipping address to avoid further issues for shipping):
House/Flat No./Building and floor:
Street:
City/Town:
Province/State:
Postal/Zip code:
3. Phone number:
4. Name of DJI Product:
5. Purchase date of product:
6. Dealer name or DJI Order Number:
7. Brief Description of part needed:
8. Pictures to show which part is missing or damaged:
9. Proof of purchase:

Your time and cooperation are greatly appreciated. Hoping to hear from you soon

Now, I don't know if they will send a new cable, not a big deal obviously, but I am impressed by the level of attention for such a minor problem.
With all the bad experiences some folks have, just good to have something work like it is supposed to and to hear the company is as pleased as you are.
My other thought in posting this was in hopes that Mae's suggested fix in the first email helps out other flyers, it only takes one!

Fieldstone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer