DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Customer Service

Srcrain

Reactions
There are so many negative comments about DJI's customer service I thought I would take a minute to highlight the many positive experiences I have had with them.

I own a Mavic Pro, Spark and the new DJI Goggles RE.

With the goggles I have had to send them back twice for various out-of-the-box defects (battery charging, connection/linking issue). In both cases I was able to generate a return slip over chat which was very quick. Also from the time I dropped them at UPS I received a replacement each time in less than 14 days.

My experience is similar with the Mavic and Spark. I recently sent each in under the DJI Care Refresh plan. Again, I was able to go through initial process over chat setting up the RMA form. In both cases I received the form and a UPS shipping code the same day. Usually within 2-3 hours. I've sent both in to the repair center and got each back in ten days from the day I shipped.

I also had issues with my Mavic remote and the Spark battery locking mechanism. Again each time I dealt with DJI Service the experience was positive and quick.

I know everyone's experience can be different, but I just wanted to show that DJI's customer service is not all bad.

There are so many negative comments about DJI's customer service I thought I would take a minute to highlight the many positive experiences I have had with them.

With the goggles I have had to send them back twice for various out-of-the-box defects (battery charging, connection/linking issue). In both cases I was able to generate a return slip over chat which was very quick. Also from the time I dropped them at UPS I received a replacement each time in less than 14 days.

My experience is similar with the Mavic and Spark. I recently sent each in under the DJI Care Refresh plan. Again, I was able to go through initial process over chat setting up the RMA form. In both cases I received the form and a UPS shipping code the same day. Usually within 2-3 hours. I've sent both in to the repair center and got each back in ten days from the day I shipped.

I also had issues with my Mavic remote and the Spark battery locking mechanism. Again each time I dealt with DJI Service the experience was positive and quick.

I know everyone's experience can be different, but I just wanted to show that DJI's customer service is not all bad.
I'm glad you had a good experience. I honestly can say I have probably read 2 times that had good experiences. Including yours. I personally never had any issues but then again my inquiries we're not issues related and I hope to not have an issue in the future if I have to leverage my refresh.

That sounds great. I'm thinking of sending mine in and that's the sort of service I'd like to have. I've also gotten a return slip in just a few hours of talking.

Where do you live, just generally speaking? I live in Appalachia, and I'm afraid it might take me a lot longer with the shipping times to California/China...

I have dealt with DJI Netherlands on three occasions. I cannot fault the service from them. I live on the island of Mull and a minor issue with my Mavic Pro resulted in me receiving a new aircraft in a turnaround time of 10 days, Phantom 4 controller battery issue, new controller in 2 weeks and a replacement Spark battery in 2 weeks.

Can I ask you this... do you find it acceptable that you had to return, what appears to me, every single one of your DJI products due to manufacturing defects and/or malfunctioning?

Yeah I think their customer service sucks ***, but my main issue all this time has been with the quality of their products. Why am I constantly sending back a $1000 drone? I’m over here wondering if I’ll have to send back my third replacement while everyone else is screaming “DJI is the best since sliced Chinese bread.”

Reading this makes me seriously wonder why you are giving them any sort of credit.

Reactions: Appalachian Aerials
That sounds great. I'm thinking of sending mine in and that's the sort of service I'd like to have. I've also gotten a return slip in just a few hours of talking.

Where do you live, just generally speaking? I live in Appalachia, and I'm afraid it might take me a lot longer with the shipping times to California/China...

The repair center is in California. I sent mine out December 23 and got it back Jan 7 but I argued with them for a few days before realizing I had no choice. I live in KY.

DJI only sends UPS ground shipping labels I think mainly due to the batteries, but I believe they are just cheap bastards anyway.

Can I ask you this... do you find it acceptable that you had to return, what appears to me, every single one of your DJI products due to manufacturing defects and/or malfunctioning?

Yeah I think their customer service sucks ***, but my main issue all this time has been with the quality of their products. Why am I constantly sending back a $1000 drone? I’m over here wondering if I’ll have to send back my third replacement while everyone else is screaming “DJI is the best since sliced Chinese bread.”

Reading this makes me seriously wonder why you are giving them any sort of credit.
I can understand peoples frustrations if things do not go well. Yes I have owned a lot of DJI aircraft. F450, F550, most Phantoms up to my P4 Pro V2, Inspire 1 Pro, Spark, Mavic Pro and Air. I have been flying model aircraft for over 35 years. I have experienced a number or issues with various aircraft including a number of turbine models. Many batteries have failed. Maybe my expectations are less than they should be, and I accept issues do happen,but my comments are based on my experience with DJI Netherlands. My main gripe with DJI is the software which has on a lot of occasions let me down. I think they cater for too many aircraft on one app. I feel that there should be an app dedicated to each machine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard