DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI doesn’t want to repair my drone. Now what?

Catchyphrase

Reactions
My care fresh expired without any notification or renewal notice from them and I simply missed it. Days later, it crashed while trying to “re-find me” while active tracking me

From support:

I do understand your frustration and sentiments on what happened, but DJI does not repair water-damaged aircraft for the sake of flight safety. Precision components in the aircraft are likely to be corroded after coming into contact with water, which affects the aircraft’s performance stability and safety. We have found that all the water-damaged electronic parts of an aircraft need to be replaced, which means the repair fee for a water-damaged aircraft may be much higher than a brand new aircraft’s price. So we suggest that you do not repair a water-damaged aircraft.

Looks like I have a drone paperweight?

Reactions: Former Member
That's really unfortunate that you crash right after the care refresh expired.
They usually don't let you renew Care Refresh, but a couple of months ago, most would've got an email about extending the warranty with Care Refresh+.
If you live in US, ask @Thunderdrones. I am sure he can help.

My care fresh expired without any notification or renewal notice from them and I simply missed it. Days later, it crashed while trying to “re-find me” while active tracking me

From support:

I do understand your frustration and sentiments on what happened, but DJI does not repair water-damaged aircraft for the sake of flight safety. Precision components in the aircraft are likely to be corroded after coming into contact with water, which affects the aircraft’s performance stability and safety. We have found that all the water-damaged electronic parts of an aircraft need to be replaced, which means the repair fee for a water-damaged aircraft may be much higher than a brand new aircraft’s price. So we suggest that you do not repair a water-damaged aircraft.

Some companies would honor the Refresh since it was so close to your expiration date, but looks Like DJI wont.

I repair drones every day and it might be worth having a look at. What country are you in?

I can understand their perspective. If they just fixed the obvious damage and left the issue of water ingress they could be leaving themselves open to subsequent claims if parts started to fail as a result of that ingress but the root cause was unclear. All in all a potential PITA to a manufacturer.

DJI really does not care for a customer that already paid the refresh service to at least if the service expired to provide a facility to that customer for repair or replacement. Fortunately we have thunderdrones in our community who have professional results repairing Mavics.

Some companies would honor the Refresh since it was so close to your expiration date, but looks Like DJI wont.

I repair drones every day and it might be worth having a look at. What country are you in?

I’m in Los Angeles. Any help would be appreciated.

I second ThunderDrones. Seems like a great fella, very helpful and informative on this forum !

From support:

If you used a credit card to pay for the drone check and see if they extend manufacturers warranty.
You might be able to get them to replace it.

Reactions: lenabanana
I think I speak not only for myself but for a lot of people here that Thunderdrones can do wonderful things to a damaged drone. It would surly be worth it to at least have him take a look at it. He got my wounded bird back in the air good as new :)Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98