DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI drones operating with OcuSynch 2.0 show degraded performances - Any info here?

BigBoozer

Reactions
Hi folks, sorry to post a thread in the News Forum but I searched the whole site and could not find any answer to my question, that is:
Since September 2021 it seems that the DJI drones working with the latest upgrade of OcuSynch 2.0 (Mini 2, Mavic 2 Pro etc.) are experiencing reduced flight distance, loss of signal, freezing screen etc. while before (in the same flight conditions and places) they were performing beautifully. I have flown my Mavic 2 Pro recently and have had the same feeling: before it was more stable and could reach longer distances without any problem, but that was only a general feeling. Now it's a serious doubt. There are various videos on YouTube claiming this, at least here in Italy.
Can you help me finding if and where this problem is discussed in this great MavicPilots Forum?
Thanks!

Can you provide a link to any of these reports? YouTube is a great place for instructional videos, but on these kinds of topics attracts loads of clickbait garbage. I haven't seen any problems with either the M2P or M2EA running the latest firmware.

Can you provide a link to any of these reports? YouTube is a great place for instructional videos, but on these kinds of topics attracts loads of clickbait garbage. I haven't seen any problems with either the M2P or M2EA running the latest firmware.
Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, here:

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, here:
Sorry, I was cut during the reply. This source is quite reliable, he has a dedicated channel for drones, very accurate in his tests. In this video, in Italian, around 03:30 he is losing signal at 350 meterd of distance, while normally on this test field he never had any problem at these distances and height.

Several replies in his post confirm this problem.

Just to complete: in Europe we fly these drones with different power performances than in the US. We have 100 mW EIRP/CE value at 2.4-2.484 GHz, you have 400 mW with EIRP/FCC settings.

Last edited:
When it comes to limited anecdotal reports there could be all kinds of explanations. If you are seeing reduced performance then it will be documented in the flight log - that's where I would look first.
Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas