DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI EMAIL 1/5 ORDER TODAY- SHIP BEFORE 1/18

Mine came in a Gmail account I rarely use, given to DJI as an alternate
Only one for me that they are aware of. Just checked my order status and shows no ship date. Only been 10 days.

Ok gentlemen, start your engines.
Can't wait for more videos and insightful & useful tips based on actual user experience.

Well i cancelled my Amazon pre order and successfully ordered a new mavic from dji direct in hopes of getting my mavic much sooner. Im so happy about this! Waiting for 4-6 weeks made my stomach hurt.

Also, i was able to buy the care plus package this way for added peace of mind/crash replacement discount...

I'll report back what day it really shows up. I hope its even sooner

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I got the email too. I ordered from a distributor on October 25, 2016 and sat through several emails stating delays. I will cancel my order on Jan 18th. Autel Robotics has some pretty interesting drones coming out. One thing is clear: no more preorders. If it's not in stock then it's out of the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Mavikhan
i ordered the mavic yesterday and I didnt receive the email. all i received was that the payment was processed and of course i already got charged. the only thing i see on my status order it says it been "authorized" but not shipped yet. they do say in their main ad on the store page that " order today and get the mavic in less than 2 weeks"

Well it seems these are getting in stock or shipping early everywhere. I ordered mine from an ebay authorized? seller. Paid and ordered 10/31. I have been getting "don't know when they will ship" since then. I finally emailed seller today telling him if something doesn't change in the next week, that I will be asking for a full refund. I think it would be cool to have one but with every week passing, the excitement deteriorates.

Reactions: mbuk
Well it seems these are getting in stock or shipping early everywhere. I ordered mine from an ebay authorized? seller. Paid and ordered 10/31. I have been getting "don't know when they will ship" since then. I finally emailed seller today telling him if something doesn't change in the next week, that I will be asking for a full refund. I think it would be cool to have one but with every week passing, the excitement deteriorates.
With what is on DJI site, I would cancel 2 hours ago.

Reactions: Pittnuma
i ordered the mavic yesterday and I didnt receive the email. all i received was that the payment was processed and of course i already got charged. the only thing i see on my status order it says it been "authorized" but not shipped yet. they do say in their main ad on the store page that " order today and get the mavic in less than 2 weeks"

You should be stoked, your in front if the line of Mavics going out on 1/18... i didnt order til today so theres a chance mine will go out after the 18th... yours is guaranteed to ship by 18th from what i Understand.
I think that move was super smart because the cobsensus was that demand was far exceeding supply and rumors started about it being way bad so people like me wanting to buy with their xmas money were kinda scared to get on a pre order list after reading first batch pre order nitemare stories. I was hesitant to say the least but i trust amazon CS so i used them to preorder knowing they wont charge me til it ships unlike sum small time sellers might.
Anyway im glad Dji was able to keep their head above water for this. They are a really good company aside from their cs ofcourse but as far as being able to afford massive production increases like they did was truly amazing.

Note: Dji stated in their news letter that one issue of the back order delay was that they had problems acquiring a new part that they added to the mavic recently. Does this mean that the newest batch mavics have an updated part versus the first batch units?

I think it would be cool to have one but with every week passing, the excitement deteriorates.
Don't let it get you too down. I waited the 2 months for mine (got it mid December after ordering on Oct 8th) and now that I have it the excitement is even better. It flies perfect and I feel I can put much more trust in this drone than my previous (Typhoon).

I have a feeling as others have mentioned that they are starting to catch up on pre-orders and are going to have stock in stores soon.

Mine finally shipped from B&H, should be here on Mon per tracking number. Ordered on 10/26 I have the fly more package coming.

Reactions: jerryflah
Its funny, I got a reply to my email this morning that they just received a batch of drones. Mine is shipping and sched to get next week. What odd timimg. But it works!!! :)
Oh happy days! Have fun!!!

I think this new push is only because of CES 2017.

The endless conspiracy theories are a bit much. Do you really think they've been sitting around, keeping the production level deliberately low, delaying sending orders so they could "make a push" at CES ?

What business in their right mind would needlessly delay shipping out orders to customers who are ready and willing to pay then money ?

They were having trouble keeping up with demand before, seemingly now they are coping better. Either they are managing to make them quicker now, or demand had dropped off a bit or more likely a combination of the two.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada