DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI email? Anybody get this

I haven't gotten the eMail and why would anyone in their right mind click on a link in an email to enter personal information or rest a password. Sound very suspicious to me.

Reactions: choo choo
So some security lessons for you guys.

If the email is actually from DJI.com, that can already alleviate suspicion. e.dji.com is a sub domain and not indicative of a spammer. With that being said, spoofing email addresses is easy. If I wanted I could spam out a massive amount of emails coming from [email protected]. No, I don’t spam. Checking the sender isn’t enough, you have to check the headers of the email to see how it got routed through the net to reach you. The easiest way to check for a fake is to hover your mouse over a link to see where it actually points. If it points straight to DJI’s site then it’s likely legitimate as long as the link you are supposed to click. Some emails will make some links legitimate to fool you into actually clicking the intercepting link. For the best security, if you get a security message asking you to take action, don’t use the links, but actually go the website yourself and log in. PayPal for example knows about how phishing is done and they never send you and action required email with links. The will tell you to actually log on by going to their site.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes