DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI evolve with us 28th march

I own both DJI and Yuneec aircraft. I want both companies to continue growing, as well as others. Competition is good for the market. I know that the respective fanboys want DJI or Yuneec to dominate and crush the competition, but if that happens and DJI is the only manufacturer on the block, then "supply and demand" will take over and prices will sky rocket.

I've been reading that industry insiders are predicting over the next year or so, there will be many mergers and companies switching to commercial and enterprise applications. There's far more profit on the commercial side of the industry. Many more will just get out of drones altogether or fold. There are currently 457 drone companies globally. There are going to be far fewer when the shakeout is over.

I've been reading that industry insiders are predicting over the next year or so, there will be many mergers and companies switching to commercial and enterprise applications. There's far more profit on the commercial side of the industry. Many more will just get out of drones altogether or fold. There are currently 457 drone companies globally. There are going to be far fewer when the shakeout is over.
Yup and eventually you will need major license to fly as hobbyist or many hurdles to fly making it not worthwhile, its happening now and almost daily governments are adding new drone laws , signs etc..The business will all be Industry, corporations, government ..Thermal , Infrared, farming etc...Goverments do not want the general public to have fun..

Yup and eventually you will need major license to fly as hobbyist or many hurdles to fly making it not worthwhile, its happening now and almost daily governments are adding new drone laws , signs etc..The business will all be Industry, corporations, government ..Thermal , Infrared, farming etc...Goverments do not want the general public to have fun..

I live in Canada and our equivalent of the FAA, Transport Canada, has been working on developing UAV laws and regulations for the last few years. The final, permanent ones are coming out sometime this year. It's not looking good. As you say, looks like licensing, registration, insurance, severe restrictions on where and how you can fly, even speed limits. If they come out as proposed, rec flying in Canada is dead. Very discouraging.

I live in Canada and our equivalent of the FAA, Transport Canada, has been working on developing UAV laws and regulations for the last few years. The final, permanent ones are coming out sometime this year. It's not looking good. As you say, looks like licensing, registration, insurance, severe restrictions on where and how you can fly, even speed limits. If they come out as proposed, rec flying in Canada is dead. Very discouraging.
Yup I’m in Canada as well and started one of the only petitions again Transport Canadas BS and only have 5K signed..so far it did very little , only response I received was from my MP in Vancouver...They just want to outlaw drones without actually outlawing it...no different what they did with Guns it will be same for Drones, overkill...Guns I can see both sides, but drones is so over kill its crazy...ITs education we need not laws...typical Liberal government...they will make money off of this you watch.

Yup I’m in Canada as well and started one of the only petitions again Transport Canadas BS and only have 5K signed..so far it did very little , only response I received was from my MP in Vancouver...They just want to outlaw drones without actually outlawing it...no different what they did with Guns it will be same for Drones, overkill...Guns I can see both sides, but drones is so over kill its crazy...ITs education we need not laws...typical Liberal government...they will make money off of this you watch.

There were public consultations last summer that ended in October. There were lots of petitions and activity from multiple UAV groups prior to the official consultations as well. Petitions after public consultations closed in October are pretty much useless.

The whole process to developing UAV regulations actually started way back in 2007 which was long before the explosion of mass produced consumer drones and was instigated mainly by the manned aviation industry. Back then, UAV's were being used more and more for commercial and industrial purposes but recreational drone use had not yet become an issue and didn't even enter the picture until 2015 or so.

The proposed regs and laws that are being finalized now are also taking into account what's happening in other countries. Transport Canada was one of the participants at the 2017 FAA UAS Symposium in March of last year in the US which had participants from all over the globe. One of it's goals is to standardize regulations internationally. Not sure if they were at this year's.

In case you haven't seen it, here's where the process stands at the moment:

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/opssvs/proposed-rules-drones-canada.html

There were public consultations last summer that ended in October. There were lots of petitions and activity from multiple UAV groups prior to the official consultations as well. Petitions after public consultations closed in October are pretty much useless.

The whole process to developing UAV regulations actually started way back in 2007 which was long before the explosion of mass produced consumer drones and was instigated mainly by the manned aviation industry. Back then, UAV's were being used more and more for commercial and industrial purposes but recreational drone use had not yet become an issue and didn't even enter the picture until 2015 or so.

The proposed regs and laws that are being finalized now are also taking into account what's happening in other countries. Transport Canada was one of the participants at the 2017 FAA UAS Symposium in March of last year in the US which had participants from all over the globe. One of it's goals is to standardize regulations internationally. Not sure if they were at this year's.

In case you haven't seen it, here's where the process stands at the moment:

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/opssvs/proposed-rules-drones-canada.html
Yes familiar with it..I was stopped by 3 Park Rangers where as I was flying legally , they told me I was breaking the law and CIty Of Vancouver (thier bosses) told me I can not fly drones in any city park. This was not true, there are no laws in Vancouver , so I educated the Park Rangers and their manager. They are following the TC guidelines/law.. What is obvious there will be laws over and above the Federal law by cities , which will be a bylaw...right now they are following TC new rules and regs so they couldn’t do anyting as I was following the guidelines. I did not have insurance and will never until such time its affordable...People don’t have insurance to fly kites and there are more injuries and deaths because of kite accidents, I can go on...TC want’s drones out of our skies...is quite obvious as the majority of operators will not abide by the law since it will not be affordable and who wants to put their name and address on a drone ...I sure in the heck will never...TC has made us out as Criminals , there will be some very upset people,, and I don’t want them to track me down..

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Yes familiar with it..I was stopped by 3 Park Rangers where as I was flying legally , they told me I was breaking the law and CIty Of Vancouver (thier bosses) told me I can not fly drones in any city park. This was not true, there are no laws in Vancouver , so I educated the Park Rangers and their manager. They are following the TC guidelines/law.. What is obvious there will be laws over and above the Federal law by cities , which will be a bylaw...right now they are following TC new rules and regs so they couldn’t do anyting as I was following the guidelines. I did not have insurance and will never until such time its affordable...People don’t have insurance to fly kites and there are more injuries and deaths because of kite accidents, I can go on...TC want’s drones out of our skies...is quite obvious as the majority of operators will not abide by the law since it will not be affordable and who wants to put their name and address on a drone ...I sure in the heck will never...TC has made us out as Criminals , there will be some very upset people,, and I don’t want them to track me down..

Actually, in addition to TC laws and regulations, every province, county and municipality has it's own regulations and bylaws. I found the bylaw that applies to Vancouver. They call it "motor-driven model airplane" but it applies to drones as well. Edmonton, where I live, has a similar bylaw. It's under your park bylaws and unfortunately, since they own the land, they have every right to have that bylaw. You can try to argue with the rangers and they may have relented this time because they didn't know better but if it went to court under the bylaw, you'd lose.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

This Mavic 2 looks GREAT! Good thing I waited for it to come out!

So much for all of those posts from people saying this would be the Mavic 2. ;)

This Mavic 2 looks GREAT! Good thing I waited for it to come out!

So much for all of those posts from people saying this would be the Mavic 2. ;)

Hardly anyone claimed this announcement would be about a Mavic II. This was always advertised as a work-related announcement. It was clear it would be more commercial than consumer, therefore, it was never going to be a Mavic or Phantom.

I think we all suspect the Mavic II announcement is coming soonish though, it's just a matter of time before they tempt us all to open our wallets again.

Actually, in addition to TC laws and regulations, every province, county and municipality has it's own regulations and bylaws. I found the bylaw that applies to Vancouver. They call it "motor-driven model airplane" but it applies to drones as well. Edmonton, where I live, has a similar bylaw. It's under your park bylaws and unfortunately, since they own the land, they have every right to have that bylaw. You can try to argue with the rangers and they may have relented this time because they didn't know better but if it went to court under the bylaw, you'd lose.

It sucks, but it is what it is.
Even their manager of the parks didn’t even know , he quoted the TC regs and they let me fly ..I even have a snapshot of the 3 rangers from my drone. Lol... They even told me they have no power to enforce any laws , just to inform the operator. They can’t give tickets, etc..but I’m sure this will change in due time...I am now seriously thinking of selling my drones as I don’ have time to drive hours to find a place to fly. I can’t believe hey are still selling consumer drones without informing newbies if you fly in your backyard, you are a criminal and breaking the law
Hardly anyone claimed this announcement would be about a Mavic II. This was always advertised as a work-related announcement. It was clear it would be more commercial than consumer, therefore, it was never going to be a Mavic or Phantom.

I think we all suspect the Mavic II announcement is coming soonish though, it's just a matter of time before they tempt us all to open our wallets again.
only
I’m done buying, not worth it considering all the restrictions , its only going to get worse!!

That was only after it was pointed out that the tweets were coming from DJI Enterprises. Before then, there were _many_ posts here about it being for the "Mavic 2".

At this time there is _no_ (read, none) indication of a Mavic 2. Is it possible? Sure... as much as it's a Phantom 5 or something completely different. So what we _do_ know is that DJI will come out with another consumer drone at some point. Nothing more.

I'm going to fly all my drones until they die, crashes, burn up or what ever the case may be. Then I'm going to find a new hobby like coin collecting, metal detecting maybe muscle car rebuilding.....

Reactions: joejaxvic123
I'm going to fly all my drones until they die, crashes, burn up or what ever the case may be. Then I'm going to find a new hobby like coin collecting, metal detecting maybe muscle car rebuilding.....
I'm witcha, metal detecting to collect coins to sell to finance muscle car...I'm on it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear