DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI flight log details incorrect

Peter Hughes

Reactions
Hi
I was out flying the other day with my M2P, came home and uploaded my flight logs to DJI.
I noticed that the times of the flights were correct but the date was wrong, it showed me as flying the day before.
I’ve checked my Crystalsky monitor system date and that is correct so I’m not sure where the error has come from...what other date could be wrong?
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem before? It may well be a hiccup and the weather has been too bad to fly and see if it’s still wrong. I was just thinking it could become important if any enforcement agencies disputed your flying.
Thanks, take care. Peter

Have you checked the logs on the device?
Hi, yes and they all show me as flying on 1st Dec rather than the 2nd.
I did 4 flights (one on each battery) and all 4 have the error.
A little over the top perhaps, but I also backup the logs to Dronelogbook and Airdata, they both also show the error.
To be fair, it’s never happened before and I’m hoping it’s just the gremlins creeping in for a quick visit, but I was wondering if anyone else had had this problem and if they resolved it.
Thanks again. Peter

Can you share one of your log files?

Can you share one of your log files?
Hi Mike, thanks for your expressing an interest in my query.
Whilst I would love to share a log file, there will be a small delay as the files are stored on my iPad and I lack the technical expertise to download them.
I hope to see my Son/Grandson in the next few days and I’m sure one will be able to do this for me.
I recall from previous crash analysis posts that there are two types of files, a .txt and a .dat file. Do you need both or just one?
Many thanks again, take care. Peter

Just the TXT file. It's fairly easy to retrieve. Just follow these instructions.
Hi Mike, thanks again. I THINK I've done it (No one will believe me!). Not sure which TXT was the best so I've copied all of them with the incorrect date. Take care Pete.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-12-01_[13-04-26].txt
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-12-01_[13-39-55].txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-12-01_[14-02-48].txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-12-01_[14-23-13].txt
    598.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-12-01_[14-30-20].txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Without having analyzed the logs, I suspect it's a time zone conversion problem not taking day/date shift into account. Usually GMT is used as the reference but one of China's timezones might also be the underlying reference.

Without having analyzed the logs, I suspect it's a time zone conversion problem not taking day/date shift into account. Usually GMT is used as the reference but one of China's timezones might also be the underlying reference.

Hi, that sounds possible but having said that, it’s not happened before and China being ahead, time wise, of U.K. time wouldn’t it show a forward date ie 3rd Dec rather than a day behind ie 01 Dec?
I’ve forwarded the logs to MSinger, who has kindly offered to have a look. Hopefully he’ll have an explanation.
Take care. Peter

Just the TXT file. It's fairly easy to retrieve. Just follow these instructions.

Hi Mike
Sorry to bother you but I was just wondering if the .txt files you kindly offered to look at had uploaded ok?
I fully appreciate you have other commitments, please don’t think I’m being impatient. I am more than happy to wait for you to have an opportune moment to have a look for me, I am just hoping that you’re in receipt of the files.
Thanks again, take care. Pete

As far as I know, the time stamp on the log comes from the mobile device. So, it should be marked at whatever time the device thinks is the current time when the flight log is created.

Did you check the date on the CrystalSky right after your flight? If not, I'm wondering if it's possible that the Crystalsky auto updated the local system time between then and when you went back to analyze the issue further.

Reactions: Peter Hughes
As far as I know, the time stamp on the log comes from the mobile device. So, it should be marked at whatever time the device thinks is the current time when the flight log is created.

Did you check the date on the CrystalSky right after your flight? If not, I'm wondering if it's possible that the Crystalsky auto updated the local system time between then and when you went back to analyze the issue further.

Hi, thanks for getting back Mike.
I came back from the outing and uploaded the logs to DJI. At that point I saw it had the right times but incorrect date.
I went into the Crystalsky monitor settings and checked and found they were ok. I suppose it’s possible they were wrong when I went out and updated themselves when I got back and the CS had the WiFi signal to correct itself, just very strange the times were spot on and just the date was out by exactly 24 hours.
I’ll chalk it up to “Gremlins “ and check the system date before I go out in future.
Thanks again, have a great holiday. Pete

If you remove and replace the CrystalSky, does it show the correct date and time when powered back on? If not, there could be an issue with the internal battery. See more details here:

Reactions: Peter Hughes
I worked with a high end firewall that if after 7pm I set the filter for all of that day's logs, it would only show the logs since 7pm. Apparently internally it was going by GMT, and so 7pm my time was the next day in GMT. When I asked for all of today's logs, it went by GMT's day.

If you remove and replace the CrystalSky, does it show the correct date and time when powered back on? If not, there could be an issue with the internal battery. See more details here:

Thanks Mike. I’ve checked the date and time and they’re both ok so far. When the weather picks up (poss Thursday) I’ll recheck before I go out and again when I get back....fingers crossed.
I checked the internal battery status and it shows fully charged and “Good”.
Have a great Christmas, take care and catch you later. Pete

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne