DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI. Flight simulator $1350

I had install the free version, but did not start the me remote control for Mavic Pro. It did not react at all, and the keyboard worked.

Some of these drones used in the enterprise field are very pricey, if your employee drops it because he has no training it can turn out costly.

The free version has a nice city model, but is fairly boring, as the city has no people, cars or other moving objects in it.

Reactions: wagslarr
I spent several hours trying to install the free version and could never get past the pretty startup screen, which didn't have any 'start' or 'continue' clickable buttons, nevermind trying to see if the controller would work.

Anyone else have that happen?

I had install the free version, but did not start the me remote control for Mavic Pro. It did not react at all, and the keyboard worked.

Yes...the Mavic Pro (original) remote can work with the new Flight Sim; there is a workaround:

I had some time last night and decided to look into the Mavic Pro (original) controller and why it wouldn’t work with the new DJI Flight Sim...

I’m using a Lenovo laptop with a fast processor and graphics engine, running Win7 Enterprise; Flight Sim runs with the Inspire 1 remote, Inspire 2 remote but it buzzes and beeps (as mentioned before).

The fix for using the Mavic controller was:
1. Disable driver signature enforcement.
2. Re-install DJI Assistant 2, and then ‘run as administrator’.
3. Connect Mavic Pro remote to the laptop and make sure you can see it in Assistant.

I can now run Flight sim, pick a drone and control it with the Mavic remote...the RTH button doesn’t work but I can fly all the models to the extent the free version allows...

Reactions: Big Dazz

buy realflight or phoenixrc. hell buy a mavic for that price. that simulator is more for the high high end dji drones. the free version was boring, I immediately uninstalled it even though I got the mavic air rc to work with it.

It does not work with the mavic-2 yet. They did not announce that. I would have barely been tried it if they had for a said than the mavic 2 zoom controller didn't work with the software

Remember, this price is for their target customer which is government agencies that have a big budget and needs to train people on drones to do things like inspect power lines, whatever. It's not for consumers

Yes...the Mavic Pro (original) remote can work with the new Flight Sim; there is a workaround:

I had some time last night and decided to look into the Mavic Pro (original) controller and why it wouldn’t work with the new DJI Flight Sim...

I’m using a Lenovo laptop with a fast processor and graphics engine, running Win7 Enterprise; Flight Sim runs with the Inspire 1 remote, Inspire 2 remote but it buzzes and beeps (as mentioned before).

The fix for using the Mavic controller was:
1. Disable driver signature enforcement.
2. Re-install DJI Assistant 2, and then ‘run as administrator’.
3. Connect Mavic Pro remote to the laptop and make sure you can see it in Assistant.

I can now run Flight sim, pick a drone and control it with the Mavic remote...the RTH button doesn’t work but I can fly all the models to the extent the free version allows...
OK! Now I will reinstall DJI Assistant and I will try again. But I'm with Windows 10, if that matters. But I do not understand where I need to check my "1.Disable driver signature enforcement."?

Solution for non-linking of MAVIC AIR controller w/ DJI Flight Sim

For those who are running the DJI Flight Sim and seem to have problems linking the controller (inparticular, Maivc Air) here is the answer.
Windows 10
Locate the directory where the DJI FS is installed.
Flind the application named: dji_usb_5512_64_108
Run the application

Also, ensure you read the instructions.

Just so you know there will be distance limits in the city flying. I made so many wrong turns and crashed into the invisible wall so many times.

OK! Now I will reinstall DJI Assistant and I will try again. But I'm with Windows 10, if that matters. But I do not understand where I need to check my "1.Disable driver signature enforcement."?

The result: I reinstalled my DJI Assistant as an administrator. He sees the remote and versions of the software, but the DJI Simulator still does not see it. I will deinstall it. It's not worth the effort.

Yes, you have to disable driver enforcement in windows 10 FIRST before re-installing DJI Assistant 2 as an admin...
There are a lot of tutorials on how to do this...here is one:
Disable driver signature enforcement permanently in Windows 10

Or, if you prefer a video walkthru watch this:

I just installed DJI Flight Sim on a Windows 10 machine today and that worked.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev