DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Flight Simulator for Mac

Ed Duda

Reactions
New to DJI drones, Mavic owner for a week now. Saw the “flight simulator” on the Go 4 app and researched it on line and threads suggested connecting the drone to the computer by USB cable and you could view the simulator on the “big screen”. The simulator worked fine on the phone, but did not show on the computer, in fact when I plugged the drone into the computer it did not even return a “new device connected” message. Do I need additional software on the computer, or what am I doing wrong?

Started the drone before connecting to the computer, it was recognized but the simulator shows a green background with a drone in the center, and provides no response to input from the controller, using a MacBook Pro. What am I doing wrong (or not doing)?

Would be awesome if you could run a Sim and still use the controller etc to practice.. I also have a MB pro, so I'm subbed to learn

I think you may have to install and "Android" emulator/sandbox.
This will allow you to to install and run Andyroid apps.

I would think you’d have to hook up controller screen to big monitor some how ... I have the smart controller that has a hdmi port for the purpose of doing just that ... before that I had crystal sky monitor that had a hdmi port also ...maybe you can hook up monitor directly to controller via usb (on controller) to hdmi (on monitor) cable...or usb x usb cable to computer?

Last edited:
to run DJI Flight simulator on a Mac you need to install Parallels and create a virtual PC on your mac (windows 10), then you can run DJI flight simulator. you would need at least 16 GBs RAM.

sucks how we can not get this for Mac. Why on earth did DI only make this for Windows? when their drones works best on Apple devices?????
to run DJI Flight simulator on a Mac you need to install Parallels and create a virtual PC on your mac (windows 10), then you can run DJI flight simulator. you would need at least 16 GBs RAM.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout