DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Flight Simulator

Working,
Maybe you have not right version assistant 2?
You have to download assistant 2 Mavic

I've gotten confused. Does the Mavic 2 Pro remote work with Flight Simulator? Mine never connects. Thanks.

Are you talking about the one in Assistant 2 or the one that looks like a video game kinda. Called something like “DJI flight simulator” and is s stand alone program? That one you do connect the remote directly to the computer.

The with one in Assistant 2 you don’t connect your remote to the computer you connect your drone to the computer and then connect the remote to the drone wirelessly like normal.

The M2Pro works with both of them.

Kelley, I understand your frustration. The DJI Flight Simulatior works great with my smart controller. The standard Mavic 2 controller connects, but the sticks don't work. I have the latest Assistant 2, tried different cables and installed the drivers. I'm using a PC with plenty of graphics power.

The standard Mavic 2 controller connects, but the sticks don't work.
It can be tricky to get it to connect sometimes. This process usually works for me:

1) Start the DJI Flight Simulator or DJI Assistant 2.
2) Connect the remote controller to the computer via the Micro USB port on the left side of the remote controller.
3) Power on the remote controller.

If this process doesn't work on the first try, power off the remote controller and try it again.

I wish DJI would come out with a "lite" version that would play on my laptop. Unless someone here knows how to turn down the graphics settings to get it to work on underpowered machines?

Unless someone here knows how to turn down the graphics settings to get it to work on underpowered machines?
There's no way to tone down the graphics. You either need a monster computer or to use the flight simulator in DJI GO or DJI Assistant 2. While the graphics are a lot better in the DJI Flight Simulator, both do the same job practice-wise.

Reactions: hactick
Msinger,

Thank you for your help, but I still have no luck.

1) I've tried to connect the RC both to Flight Simulator and to DJI Assistant 2 with no success.

2) The Mavic 2 Pro drone does connect to DJI Assistant 2. Windows 10 recognized it as soon as I plugged it in which has never been the case with the RC.

3) With the drone connected to Assistant 2, I plugged in the RC to the USB port. It said USB connection and "changed numbers" on the Assistant interface, but I believe that was because of the radio signal to the drone.

I think I must be missing something obvious. I have tested by connection cable and it is plugged into the port on the left hand side of the report. I appreciate any suggestions you might have for me. Thanks.

I've tried to connect the RC both to Flight Simulator and to DJI Assistant 2 with no success
Which version of the DJI Flight Simulator are you using? How exactly are you connecting/starting everything?

Msinger,

I'm using the newest version of flight simulator. Just downloaded it a few days ago.

I've tried connecting the RC both before and after starting flight simulator or assistant two. I've also tried turning on RC both before and after connection. It doesn't seem to work in any case.

When I connect my drone to Windows 10, Windows immediately recognizes it. Windows never recognizes RC.

Thanks for your interest and helping me solve this problem. Could it be that I'm simply missing a driver for the RC which may not have been loaded for some reason? I do not see anything that was quarantined buy my virus protection software.

Inside of the program directory for the DJI Flight Simulator there's a file named something like dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe (numbers depending on version). This file installs the driver for the controller. Without that, it won't work.
Why DJI does not prompt to install these driver when installing the simulator I don't know, but you have to run this file and complete the driver installation for the controller to connect.

Thanks for the driver info. You know I had tried that, but it didn't help. I'm wondering if my antivirus protection is preventing Windows 10 from loading those drivers. I'll try to see if I can disable that and load them again. Thanks much so your help.

If you don’t have the minimum system requirements for Flight Simulator the program will not open at all, period.

5.What are the system requirements for running the Flight Simulator?
Unit Minimum setup Recommended setup Optimal setup
CPU G4560 i5-6400 i7-7700
GPU GTX 1050 Ti GTX 1060 or 1070 GTX 1080 Ti
VRAM 4GB 6GB or 8GB 11GB
RAM 16GB 16GB 32GB
HDD 80GB Free SSD+80GB Free SSD+80GB Free

Notes on this from a IT engineer/ consultant.......
I use Win7 x64 Professional edition.

1. Download the current versions of the DJI Flight Simulator.

2. If you in the past, had any problems with your security software warning the files are infected... Suspend them while installing DJI Software!!

3. Important.....Now right click the installation program (DJIFlightSimulatorLauncher.exe)
... in the pop-up the action menu select, " Run as Administrator!!
VERY IMPORTANT!!!

4. As the flight simulator installs, a pop-up will warn you, "that the program is trying to install a non-licensed driver"
Click on "Proceed with installing driver" !!

5. When you first run the Flight Simulator, MS Firewall will also pop-up asking the DJI Flight Sim wants to access the internet... Click on "Allow Access"!!

This should get you up and Running..

Btw. you May need to tell you security software to Trust the main startup file
DJI_FS.EXE

Good Luck,
Stuart

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes