DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji flight simulator

RikDji95

Reactions
Hello Guys,
Anybody know how’s possible to obtain the dji flight simulator enterprise version free?

Hello Guys,
Anybody know how’s possible to obtain the dji flight simulator enterprise version free?
As far as I am aware, the only way you can get the enterprise version is to order it from DJI. But unless you are looking to hook up an Enterprise labeled drone or looking for skills training, you can do a lot with the free trial version. In fact, I am going to give this a spin since I have never actually tried it. So thank you for making me look in to it :)

1584447252900.png

EDIT: ouch! Just saw the minimum system requirements. No way this will run on my laptop (8GB RAM, GeForce MX150).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pelagic_one
As far as I am aware, the only way you can get the enterprise version is to order it from DJI. But unless you are looking to hook up an Enterprise labeled drone or looking for skills training, you can do a lot with the free trial version. In fact, I am going to give this a spin since I have never actually tried it. So thank you for making me look in to it :)

View attachment 96753

EDIT: ouch! Just saw the minimum system requirements. No way this will run on my laptop (8GB RAM, GeForce MX150).
Yep, you need a pretty good machine to run this. I have tried on several computers and just does not cut it. Would almost need a gaming machine to run this :)

Is the "free trial" really free? Does it expire??

If it gives you a real high fidelity simulation, with scenery, it may be worth getting a gaming machine to use it. The upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is just mind-blowing, based on YouTube videos. Although I don't think they've officially announced hardware requirements, it's going to need some really serious hardware to run smoothly, with all the detail.

Is the "free trial" really free? Does it expire??

If it gives you a real high fidelity simulation, with scenery, it may be worth getting a gaming machine to use it. The upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is just mind-blowing, based on YouTube videos. Although I don't think they've officially announced hardware requirements, it's going to need some really serious hardware to run smoothly, with all the detail.

FWIW - I too have been looking for a flight sim, to no avail. I did try the "free trial" and no, it doesn't expire as near as I can tell, however it seemed kind of cartoonish to me and nothing like the ad/description they put forth. There is no skills training available in the free trial version which is a bummer. The interface between my smart controller and the flight sim seems a little awkward as they are using a different controller (lightbridge ?) on the sim. Supposedly you can use select the smart controller which I did multiple times but it continues to show the other one (and it's controls). My laptops and PC are pretty heavy on graphics related hardware so I didn't have an issue running it, but after seeing the interface - I personally wouldn't shell out the $$$ for a machine just to run the sim.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
FWIW - I too have been looking for a flight sim, to no avail. I did try the "free trial" and no, it doesn't expire as near as I can tell, however it seemed kind of cartoonish to me and nothing like the ad/description they put forth. There is no skills training available in the free trial version which is a bummer. The interface between my smart controller and the flight sim seems a little awkward as they are using a different controller (lightbridge ?) on the sim. Supposedly you can use select the smart controller which I did multiple times but it continues to show the other one (and it's controls). My laptops and PC are pretty heavy on graphics related hardware so I didn't have an issue running it, but after seeing the interface - I personally wouldn't shell out the $$$ for a machine just to run the sim.
Cartoonish and buying a high end machine to run it, are a losing combination for me. The sim that is built into the DJI GO4 app is an absolute joke...Flight Sim 4.0, in the 1990s, was better!

Thanks for your feedback.

DJI Flight Sim (free edition) runs fine on my HP Envy (gen 8 i7 chip, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD), but it's severely limited in usefulness. Its user interface is most counter-intuitive. And what a resource hog. Bloated, bloated, bloated.

You know how we all drive our cars? We can go at highway speeds over varying terrain on a windy day, making subtle steering adjustments without any conscious thought whatever. I want to hone my skills 'til I can fly my Mavic that way. I want to be able to make spot-on landings in gusting winds instinctively, like real pilots do. That would be my goal with DJI Flight Sim. No can do. No weather. To get weather, I have to spend over $1K for the Enterprise edition. No thanks!

My old MS Flight Sim ran well on less than 1 GB RAM, yet it included detailed scenery, thousands of airports and nav-aids worldwide, and reasonably accurate (and adjustable) flight dynamics of many dozens of fixed and rotary wing aircraft. And you could add your own. If you wanted to be like Mike Patey, and drop a 500 hp Lycoming in your modified Carbon Cub, you could! What's more, you could fly in any combination of weather phenomena.

With MSFS, I used to shoot approaches in a DC-3, Learjet or Cessna 208 Turbo in 100 ft ceiling, 1/8 mile visibility, and gusting crosswinds. No Flight Director, either (though available free, it wanted, as is full glass panel). Standard analog gauges--intercept the localizer, then follow the Glide Slope, adjusting power, pitch and yaw for wind as needed, and make it (most of the time, anyway)! All of this for $70 or so.

DJI Flight Sim has a ways to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98