DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI fly 1.1.8

This is not true, I side load a lot of apps (regular and rooted devices) and always get updates afterwards. Some are newer devices and some are older.
If you sideload an unreleased app, you do run the risk of dealing with bugs that not yet been resolved through testing.

well i tried everything i could and i could not get the 1.1.8 app update to come up.
my girlfriend tried and she could not get it to come up ether. so she uninstalled the old app and installed the new one. it worked.
so for better or worse now i have the 1.1.8 app installed on my i pad mini 5 we will see what happens.

Attachments

• 20200911_122754.jpg
    20200911_122754.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
well i tried everything i could and i could not get the 1.1.8 app update to come up.
my girlfriend tried and she could not get it to come up ether. so she uninstalled the old app and installed the new one. it worked.
so for better or worse now i have the 1.1.8 app installed on my i pad mini 5 we will see what happens.
I get the impression you’re not to iPhone savvy? You need to open the App Store app, then touch the account circle, top right. This opens your account and all apps that are due an update are listed towards the bottom. The apps themselves do not notify you.

I get the impression you’re not to iPhone savvy? You need to open the App Store app, then touch the account circle, top right. This opens your account and all apps that are due an update are listed towards the bottom. The apps themselves do not notify you.
i am use a i pad mini 5 not a phone.

Let us know if you encounter any glitches please.

I've got a couple of issues with the new version, being used with a Mavic Mini.

1) When i sync flight records with the server, some of the flight logs are incomplete, some only showing about a minute of the actual 20-25 minute flight.

2) When you view the new logs on airdata, it shows the version as DJI Mavic Mini/iOS 0.0.0 (when i'm using Android)

3) Battery temperature data is missing on airdata, and when you go to the power summary, it show initial battery capacity as 0 mah.

4) on my second flight today, the video record button was missing, I had to close the app and restart it to be able to start the recording.

do you need to do the batteries also

Thanks for he info..did all this still 1.1.6
how do you uninstall the older one and then add the new one
maybe it just has not hit oregon yet?

• Haha
Reactions: tiwag
Disregard! after all your info figured it out!! thanks so much

Reactions: InvisibleName
I'm still at 1.1.6 which shows to have been released 9/9. Strange that a 1.1.8 would be released just one or two days later.

I'm still at 1.1.6 which shows to have been released 9/9. Strange that a 1.1.8 would be released just one or two days later.
That's probably the date it was updated on yours, rather than its release, which was early August I think, maybe even late July. I know I got 1.1.6 on 7 August, and I think I'd been anticipating it for around a week by then.

I haven't flown much at all for a month or longer. Forgive me. Question is if the ver 1.1.8 is extra buggy/undesired at this time can I choose to just update to 1.1.6?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi