DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.2.0 Released

My Fly app just shut down when I was 1+ miles out flying my MA2. Luckily RTH worked. After a couple more app crashes in flight I finally figured out that the Fly app was trying to update while I was using it. I fly with my WiFi off so I would turn it off and a few minutes later the app would crash. Pretty exciting there for a while with a drone in the air and no app working. Pretty crappy handling of an update by DJI. There was absolutely no indication that it was updating or wanting to update. I've since changed my update settings to notify but jeez....you would think the Fly app would notify or something. Be careful!

Hi,
The app proposed me an update two days ago, which I did. I thought it was for 1.2 version (I’m on ios) but it is 1.1.6. Still, the update says it is for the new mini 2. Worked well for one flight. But this morning I got a complete disconnect from the aircraft at a few meters away (landed on rth) and after a complete reboot of the aircraft, device and flyapp, I got another full disconnection at 200 meters away. I had to reboot the aircraft after rth landing for a reconnection.
Just saying...
I don’t know if it is the new app or not.

Thanks. I got a message to update this morning and installed it.

I’m not super confident since I’m on a island and fly all the time over the lake.
Will do some tests...

do you have a link to it or is that the version of the 6th that I mentioned above?
It just prompted me
18173a681347a15d8873e9f9f6fa9f32.jpg
a630aa44bde5342d1abbf8d6cc4ca3ca.jpg

I don’t understand why you got the 1.2 and I’m still on 1.1.6 after all the updates...

I don’t understand why you got the 1.2 and I’m still on 1.1.6 after all the updates...
To verify which version is installed , in Fly, go to profile->settings and scroll down the left menu to see logout ; the version is reported there . If your on a tablet, scrolling may not be needed to see it.

There is at least one issue with IOS 1.2.0:
in case, you have a weak signal warning, this message will not disappear and will stay for the rest of your flight
Other users in the DJI support-forum confirmed this.

All I see in the about section is 1.2.0 same as you.
Have I missed the plot here and is everyone else talking about a general upgrade of firmware and the App?

I have not updated firmware, this is a new install of only the App on a new-to-me phone. I tried an unistall and reinstall which I assume put the version of 6/11/20 on the phone and I still got the persistant weak signal thing.

I think it's coming off and an earlier version going on.

Guys I took the drone out after the update

I flew over our water tower and I never had interfence there before with my mini or my MA2

But after the 1st of date I did and now with the new update aswell?
3236984e5a76504b242533b26b2a5a20.jpg
8f10a48d6fd3a3df8ce86982c2c67984.jpg
67bb5f018fe9ff61895a94973d5e3d80.jpg

To verify which version is installed , in Fly, go to profile->settings and scroll down the left menu to see logout ; the version is reported there . If your on a tablet, scrolling may not be needed to see it.
Yep. Still on 1.1.6.

Yep. Still on 1.1.6.
Depending on whether you are using IOS or Android, your method of getting updates varies..

On IOS, its of course in the App Store, and they should show up routinely, though there is a way to force a refresh to make sure its displaying all the latest updates..

Since I don't use Android, other than going to the GooglePlay store to look for updates, there could be more than one way to install updates based some postings I've seen...

You may have auto updates off, which I think is a good idea... I would rather install updates personally to see what they are doing, specially if you have a Critical app like Fly.

Chances are, if your working OK, you may not want to update now.. leave your firmware alone and use 1.1.6 till all these issues with 1.2.0 and the firmware are resolved.

I made a separate post but with all the latest updates my live-feed view is next to useless. It is frozen most of the time in photo mode.. Maybe it is related to above. Something bugged up the MA2!

I made a separate post but with all the latest updates my live-feed view is next to useless. It is frozen most of the time in photo mode.. Maybe it is related to above. Something bugged up the MA2!

If your really broken you probably need to revert to previous versions of firmware and software if you can. there have been some updates that maybe resolving the issues.. There are new builds of Fly 1.2 and updated firmware.. If you are on Android, I think build 1.2 - 889 is the latest.. use the DJI assistant to validate the latest firmware versions.

If you manually installed Fly using a downloaded APK, you won't get automatic updates from Play.

I also found that Play tends to report the wrong version if you didn't run Fly to unzip it.

Depending on whether you are using IOS or Android, your method of getting updates varies..

On IOS, its of course in the App Store, and they should show up routinely, though there is a way to force a refresh to make sure its displaying all the latest updates..

Since I don't use Android, other than going to the GooglePlay store to look for updates, there could be more than one way to install updates based some postings I've seen...

You may have auto updates off, which I think is a good idea... I would rather install updates personally to see what they are doing, specially if you have a Critical app like Fly.

Chances are, if your working OK, you may not want to update now.. leave your firmware alone and use 1.1.6 till all these issues with 1.2.0 and the firmware are resolved.
Thanks for all the details. I’m on IOS and not using auto updates but get notification of new version on the app. So I got a notification Tursday which I installed and another one Sunday morning, installed too. Thinking it was the new 1.2 version coming with the MM2 launch. Seeing the two disconnections issues I got and all the problems posted here, I thought I got the last version. Seems like I’m still on 1.1.6. I did some test flights over land yesterday and it went well. I will wait before forcing a 1.2 version through Apple store.

I am now on Fly App 1.2.0.

Is it just me or is this version now more sensitive to detecting WiFi interference?

Now, everytime I fly I get this message of strong WiFi interference.

I never got that on the older version of the app.

:oops:?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13