DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly 1.2.2 Mavic Air 2 Photo Zoom mode?

Auencam

Reactions
Can anyone confirm or deny if the photo zoom mode is supposed to work on the Mavic Air 2 in DJI Fly 1.2.2 or does it only work with the Mini 2? I have a Mavic Air 2 and I don't see the photo zoom feature. I do have the new compass view so I know I really have 1.2.2 loaded.

Last edited:
I am using an android phone for my MA2 and Fly App and I still do not see the photo zoom function. Or am I missing something? ?

But yes, there is 4K zoom in video mode.

Reactions: tlswift58
I am using an android phone for my MA2 and Fly App and I still do not see the photo zoom function. Or am I missing something? ?

I see it in the video mode. It's not new in 1.2.2. I was only asking about Photo mode with the Mavic Air 2. I do also have an android phone.

Can anyone confirm or deny if the photo zoom mode is supposed to work on the Mavic Air 2 in DJI Fly 1.2.2 or does it only work with the Mini 2? I have a Mavic Air 2 and I don't see the photo zoom feature. I do have the new compass view so I know I really have 1.2.2 loaded.
I can confirm the photo zoom is for mini 2 with the latest firmware (12/28/20) and Fly app 1.2.2 installed only, not for Air 2 at this time.

The mini gets photo zoom but not the air2 . That just sucks lol

I am using an android phone for my MA2 and Fly App and I still do not see the photo zoom function. Or am I missing something? [emoji848]

I was going to say, even Billy Kyle reviewed on release and made note of lossless 4x in 4K and wondered how that was possible. DJI reminded him the camera has more resolution than 4K.

Just checked firmware release notes, no mention for zoom in photos in Air 2. Looks like i was also wrong about 4x in 4k from the beginning. It was added in firmware updates.

There was another topic that had a YT link attached. It looked horrible and thought at first that was the way it was when uploaded, until I noticed the YT resolution in Auto chose 480p. Forced it to 1080p, all fixed.

It is only available in video mode. 2X Zoom in 4K mode and Up To 4X in 1080P mode. There are plenty of videos out there that clearly explain all the various functions.

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
Just checked firmware release notes, no mention for zoom in photos in Air 2. Looks like i was also wrong about 4x in 4k from the beginning. It was added in firmware updates.
Do you have a link to the release notes you mentioned. I have looked and just can't find them. Thanks

I only have 2X in 4k. I do have 4x in 1080p with latest firmware on Air2. NO ZOOM in camera mode.

As to resolution in 2-4x - from my video's - IT SUCKS. Too grainy / pixelated even in 2x at 4k 25fps. I have only shot at sunset / lower light, so that may be some of it; but the grain is very noticeable.

I usually take photos when I use my MA2 and have been dying to use zoom on photos. Strange that DJI would provide it to the Mini before the MA2 but I guess they are riding the hot hand.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000