DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly and android 12 dev preview.

Uum what does that mean, excuse my ignorance but what is DP1?
What it all means, is as of right now, if you own a pixel 3 through pixel 5, do not upgrade to Android 12. It's only in Developer preview right now, literally first one was just released this morning, so most users don't need to worry about it. But if your like me and/or consider your self a "power user." Don't upgrade to the first dev preview if your pixel is your flying device.

Reactions: rxlawdude
Same here, latest version of Developer Preview, DJI Fly 1.3.0 still doesn't load.

Same, Updated to DP3 and installed DJI Fly 1.4.0 and still crashes. All DJI apps crash not just Fly, All the way down to the DJI Store App even crashes, it must be in DJI's programming. I haven't had any other apps recently do this since Google fixed the Web View issue.

Reactions: sadc_69
I'm writing to DJI support to ask if they are already working to solve the problem.
Here follows my conversation with DJI support:

• Kirk: Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support. This is Kirk. How may I help you?
  • Me: Hi Kirk, I have a question about compatibility of DJI Fly Android app with the new Android 12 developer preview. At the moment I upgraded my Pixel 5 from Android 11 to 12 Developer Preview 3 and the app doesn't work anymore. I was using v 1.4.0
    Have you got any news about the release that will fix this problem?Now the apps starts with the DJI splash screen and then force closes
  • Kirk: apparently we have no receive any information for the new updates sir, provided below are the suggested device for DJI Fly app however I will forward this information to our developers.
  • Me: Many thanks Kirk, if you are so kind to forward the following info to developers: Android DJI Fly app v1.4.0 doesn't work with Android 12 Developer Preview 3 (on Google Pixel 5)
  • Kirk: Thank for this information. Rest assured that this will be handled and please do check our website for more announcement.

Last edited:
I'm writing to DJI support to ask if they are already working to solve the problem.
Here follows my conversation with DJI support:

• Kirk: Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support. This is Kirk. How may I help you?
  • Me: Hi Kirk, I have a question about compatibility of DJI Fly Android app with the new Android 12 developer preview. At the moment I upgraded my Pixel 5 from Android 11 to 12 Developer Preview 3 and the app doesn't work anymore. I was using v 1.4.0
    Have you got any news about the release that will fix this problem?Now the apps starts with the DJI splash screen and then force closes
  • Kirk: apparently we have no receive any information for the new updates sir, provided below are the suggested device for DJI Fly app however I will forward this information to our developers.
  • Me: Many thanks Kirk, if you are so kind to forward the following info to developers: Android DJI Fly app v1.4.0 doesn't work with Android 12 Developer Preview 3 (on Google Pixel 5)
  • Kirk: Thank for this information. Rest assured that this will be handled and please do check our website for more announcement.
That was the most "I don't care a bit, and am just saying whatever will get you off chat fastest" answer I've heard!

Let's hope I'm wrong lol.

Reactions: sadc_69
The same procedure as every year.
I also had the Android betas running for the last two years. And never has the DJI app worked. DJI seems to check if the Android version is known when opening the app. And, if not, it just closes the app.
Every year, after half a year of Android beta, DJI is totally surprised by the new OS version and needs another two months for the app to start again.
For me, unfortunately, never again DJI, because I can never use my drone over the summer.

Kirk: Thank for this information. Rest assured that this will be handled and please do check our website for more announcement.
I am dissapointed, he did not end with "Live long and prosper".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke