DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly ap not in playstore

float

Reactions
I had the DJI FLY ap on my phone and it was working fine but I got a message about updating so I thought it would be good to just uninstall and then reinstall DJI FLY. Now when I go to the playstore on my android phone all I can find is DJI PILOT, DJI GO 4, and DJI GO. How could the ap I used now be missing from the playstore?

I had the DJI FLY ap on my phone and it was working fine but I got a message about updating so I thought it would be good to just uninstall and then reinstall DJI FLY. Now when I go to the playstore on my android phone all I can find is DJI PILOT, DJI GO 4, and DJI GO. How could the ap I used now be missing from the playstore?
Has not been on the play store for a while now, but you can download it here at the official site --> DJI Flyapp

Reactions: dozzn
You may have to turn off the security feature in the latest Android OS that stops anyone from loading non recognized apps that aren't downloaded from the Play Store. When installing the app you will get lots of warnings the app may harm your phone. You have to trust DJI that it won't happen and accept the warning to continue loading.

With DJI being on the US government's "don't buy list" you have to wonder why DJI would not follow protocol and release the Fly app through the normal Play Store distribution method. There's a major reason for this change in policy, and I want to know what it is. This certainly doesn't help DJI increase their integrity with the US customer base. They aren't helping themselves with this stunt, for whatever reason they have.

DJI Fly (as also DJI Mimo) has not been updated any longer since November 2020 in Google's Play Store and was finally kicked out totally early this year. It is still available for example in the Samsung Store (but not always the latest version) or you download the apk from the dji site directly. Since it disappeared from the Play Store, the Fly App got a self-update feature, so you normally will get notified inside the app about new versions - but this is not always the case.

Last edited:
N
That's not true. Fly was recently updated to include EXP settings, among other things.
Not updated in Google Play Store I meant of course. Last version in Google Play was 1.2.1

It doesn't even show up in the Play Store
Yes, as I said, it was then finally removed completely early this year. february or march 2021 I think.

Hello! I did not download the fly app previously, now that I do, I have the APK but no app tu run it, what am I missing?
APK is an Android application Package. This is the Installation Source. Your Package manager App on the Android Device should automatically handle the APK if you attempt to "run" it and guide you through the installation process. After it is successfully installed, you are then able to run DJI Fly.

DJI could do a better job of explaining what to download and how to install. When I last upgraded a few weeks ago, I had to google to see that the APK was the right thing. After all, how was I to know, since no other app that I use on my phone forces me to bypass the store.

Personally, I think it bizarre and lazy on DJI's part that they can't take the time to work with the Android Store.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23