DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App 1.1.6 iOS

Just update the fly app to 1.1.6 not that much change except the battery thing. No gimbal or something. I’l explore tmrw. Thanks folks.

It’s still not showing up for me yet. I’ve checked periodically throughout the day, on both ios and Android devices.

Got it !!!:cool:

Yep! It’s through for iOS in the App Store. Amazing how powerful our forum is to getting things done! Thanks one & all (and Apple) for your input & result!
Nice comment but I really don’t think we made DJI or Apple do anything quicker than they were already doing ?

Just update the fly app to 1.1.6 not that much change except the battery thing. No gimbal or something. I’l explore tmrw. Thanks folks.
You class the introduction of Advanced Gimbal Settings as “not that much change”? You gotta be kidding!

Anyone fly with rhe new version yet??

But they really could increase the size of the satellite numbers text! I know it is color coded, but still I like to know the number. It almost looks like the size has actually been reduced. And I'm on an iPad Mini 5.

Can only imagine what it looks like on a phone.

Also, now to get to battery temps, you have to go through a couple of menu clicks as opposed to just clicking on the battery icon. Something I wish they wouldn't have changed.

Just my 2 cents!

I think the battery colors are nice and the extended view (touch battery icon) of the battery is nice but icon is still too small. I like to see the battery percentage (number), not just a color or a circle (I think a bar would have been better). Actually I think all the icons on the top right could be a little bigger (they're all pretty important) . My guess is DJI spent a lot of energy trying to keep the screen clear and less busy to make it casual pilot friendly. The issues is, most of us are on the geeky side so we prefer the Go 4 app. I think the go 4 app was/is a little busy but very nicely proportioned. Don't get me wrong, 1.1.6 is a big improvement over the previous release but the go 4 app is such a good example I think time would have been better spent using it as a reference rather than reinventing the entire interface.

Now, I'm about to give all these new gimbal controls a try so I'm sure I'll have a lot more to say soon..
My 2¢

I have a IPhone and no update how does one get this update?
thanks

even i have been visiting the App Store periodically to see if there is an update, but didnt find any. Then i tried the following and i got the update!
went to the App store > searched for DJI FLY app > TAPPED the OPEN link on the app, and lo i got the update!!! (Could be co-incidental, but so much i know the app didnt auto-update as other apps). Worth trying...

I have a IPhone and no update how does one get this update?
thanks
Assuming you don't have auto updates tuned on; On your iphone, got to the apps store, touch your picture icon (upper right). Now drag down on the screen. After a second it should show all the apps to be updated. Now press "update all" and it will update all older apps.

COOL BEANS..i think i got it now turning drone on and see what happens thanks for the help as always cool forum

ok, I have to say, after just a few minutes of flight, the difference is pretty amazing. I'm impressed and have fallen in love with this fly app.

Got it and its cool

Did anyone notice the new icon on the screen so you can stop right and left flight??

Did anyone notice the new icon on the screen so you can stop right and left flight??
Please expand, not sure what you mean.

edit: done some digging and see that it is part of a new drone FW update that hasn’t been rolled out yet. Not sure how the guy in the video got it

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.