DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app crashing after recording cache file

littlelegs

Reactions
Anyone had problem only after recording the video cache file, the app crashes
I have android 7 phone with plenty of spec but not on the DJI approved list.
DJI app engineers are looking into this but not replied yet. I asked them what the
required spec should be. I have latest Android version 1.2.4, Mini 2

Last edited:
Which drone? I have the MA2 and have not experienced that issue, however I am using Android 10.

I have this problem too.
I'm using Mavic Air 2 with Samsung S20+ with Android 11 and DJI Fly App version is 1.2.4.

I know that S20+ is not in dji list that is compatible...

My wife S8+ works fine.

Cache is not recording and show all files with 0kb and corrupted.

Even so the app crash a lot after I update my mobile to Android 11:

Hi thanks for your input,my app only crash after pressing stop record, the file is recorded but I can't open it as if corrupt. Is was thinking if it might have something to do with the installed video codecs. I will let you know if I hear anything back from DJI support is the S8 on the list
Thanks

Reactions: anghinoni
Hi thanks for your input,my app only crash after pressing stop record, the file is recorded but I can't open it as if corrupt. Is was thinking if it might have something to do with the installed video codecs. I will let you know if I hear anything back from DJI support
Thanks
The file is likely corrupt because the recording was not stopped properly. If you turn the drone back on and hit record then stop it and then look at the file, it should be fixed.
I haven't had time to fly but since I installed the newest Fly app for Android it did crash the first time I just turned it on to look at it.

Reactions: RMS001
Hi thanks for your input,my app only crash after pressing stop record, the file is recorded but I can't open it as if corrupt. Is was thinking if it might have something to do with the installed video codecs. I will let you know if I hear anything back from DJI support is the S8 on the list
Thanks
Thanks litthelegs!

Let's see if dji will solve this.

I remember when I was at Android 10 with my S20+ it works fine!

This problem start after I update it to Android 11.

Tks! [emoji6]

The file is likely corrupt because the recording was not stopped properly. If you turn the drone back on and hit record then stop it and then look at the file, it should be fixed.
I haven't had time to fly but since I installed the newest Fly app for Android it did crash the first time I just turned it on to look at it.
Hello my friend, I didn't turn off the drone, I just pressed stop on the app screen and then it crashes

Hello my friend, I didn't turn off the drone, I just pressed stop on the app screen and then it crashes
Not sure you understand what I was saying. I'm responding to you saying the file was corrupt. It has nothing to do with codecs. It likely got corrupt because the video wasn't closed/finished properly because the app crashed. Turn the drone back on and hit record. Turn off recording and then go back and look at that file. It should be fixed.

Reactions: Baldric99
Not sure you understand what I was saying. I'm responding to you saying the file was corrupt. It has nothing to do with codecs. It likely got corrupt because the video wasn't closed/finished properly because the app crashed. Turn the drone back on and hit record. Turn off recording and then go back and look at that file. It should be fixed.
Ok thanks I now understand the first part of what you said but the drone was not turned off. Just to clarify the video cache is recorded on the phone from the down stream link and nothing to do with the drone SD card

Reactions: Tufargon
Ok thanks I now understand the first part of what you said but the drone was not turned off. Just to clarify the video cache is recorded on the phone from the down stream link and nothing to do with the drone SD card
Sorry about that. I misread your post and thought you meant the file on the SD card. :)

Reactions: RMS001
Thats OK but I think your right about the file being corrupt because the app crashed
It absolutely is but I don't know if that works the same as if it would be on the SD card in the drone. Probably not because it's only cached.

It absolutely is but I don't know if that works the same as if it would be on the SD card in the drone. Probably not because it's only cache

It absolutely is but I don't know if that works the same as if it would be on the SD card in the drone. Probably not because it's only cached.
The os is compatible so it must be hardware - saying that someone was OK with android 10 and then had problems after upgrading to 11

Anyone had problem only after recording the video cache file, the app crashes
I have android 7 phone with plenty of spec but not on the DJI approved list.
DJI app engineers are looking into this but not replied yet. I asked them what the
required spec should be. I have latest Android version 1.2.4, Mini 2
Same here sad to say! Make sure you are running a 64 bit system or it fails each time recording stops. I have the same problem with a cell phone I am using and there is no fix from DJI. Unfortunately DJI is late to fix anything as they are too busy being the FAA police and enforcing their NFZ stupid crap. I have been complaining to DJI for years and they just don't listen.

Same here sad to say! Make sure you are running a 64 bit system or it fails each time recording stops. I have the same problem with a cell phone I am using and there is no fix from DJI. Unfortunately DJI is late to fix anything as they are too busy being the FAA police and enforcing their NFZ stupid crap. I have been complaining to DJI for years and they just don't listen.
Hello friend, thanks for your input, I have a Doogee Mix 2 phone with 64 bit ARM Cortex-A53 chip, its a couple of years old now on android 7 but I think it still decent spec

Last edited:
Hello friend, thanks for your input, I have a Doogee Mix 2 phone with 64 bit ARM Cortex-A53 chip, its a couple of years old now on android 7 but I think it still decent spec
I made a post at dji forum yesterday and a dji user answear me.

He told that my mobile is not in the list as compatible, so some problems may occur...

Well, now I have to buy a new mobile for my wife and use her S8+ for drone...

I have the same phone (2 in fact, mine and my daughters old one) and it crashes in the same way on both phones. Hope they fix this as it's pretty annoying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61