DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app crashing after recording cache file

I have the same phone (2 in fact, mine and my daughters old one) and it crashes in the same way on both phones. Hope they fix this as it's pretty annoying.
I have tried getting help from dji but they don't seem interested, I have also told them I am prepared to buy a new phone and they won't even tell me what the required hardware spec is. All they say is choose a phone from the compatibility list

Reactions: anghinoni
I have tried getting help from dji but they don't seem interested, I have also told them I am prepared to buy a new phone and they won't even tell me what the required hardware spec is. All they say is choose a phone from the compatibility list
Yep!

I'm using my wife's S8+ and it works fine!

I will buy a new mobile for her and use the S8+ just for DJI Fly App...

I've been having a play tonight and if you turn off cache when recording in the camera settings, it doesn't crash.
I've tried to look at the cache recordings and they seem corrupt and won't play anyway so there's no loss there.
Hope this helps.

I've been having a play tonight and if you turn off cache when recording in the camera settings, it doesn't crash.
I've tried to look at the cache recordings and they seem corrupt and won't play anyway so there's no loss there.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for that, I think you can also repair the video files with vlc player or an online video repair tool
I also use a a third party screen recorder which is called xrecorder, and I think its better because it also records the onscreen display in case of anything going wrong during the flight

Thanks for that, I think you can also repair the video files with vlc player or an online video repair tool
I also use a a third party screen recorder which is called xrecorder, and I think its better because it also records the onscreen display in case of anything going wrong during the flight
Also I think the fact that when you turn off cache during the recording proves it the app and not the phone that's the problem

Also I think the fact that when you turn off cache during the recording proves it the app and not the phone that's the problem
The video is stored on the SD card anyway. So who needs the cache? I'll try that screen recorder. I've bought a used listed compatible phone on eBay before I worked out the workaround, so I'll probably start using that when it arrives. There is a guy on Facebook that is using an 8 inch tablet which looks awesome. My eyesight is crap now, so I'd have a chance seeing without glasses. I thought of using my tablet. Strangely, the app isn't compatible with my 10 inch Acer tablet despite it being Android 7.

The video is stored on the SD card anyway. So who needs the cache? I'll try that screen recorder. I've bought a used listed compatible phone on eBay before I worked out the workaround, so I'll probably start using that when it arrives. There is a guy on Facebook that is using an 8 inch tablet which looks awesome. My eyesight is crap now, so I'd have a chance seeing without glasses. I thought of using my tablet. Strangely, the app isn't compatible with my 10 inch Acer tablet despite it being Android 7.
There is some great new apps to look out for from litchi, dronelink and autopilot to use instead of dji fly app but don't currently have support for the mini 2 which will have some advanced features such as waypoint missions and active track (follow me)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22