DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI fly app disable all functions - air 2s

VPARREIRA_PT

Reactions
Hello again,

Yesterday and today when I was flying and switch from photo to vídeo, the app disable all functions and buttons. I was able to move the drone, use all controller buttons but nothing directly in the app.

Did someone face the same issue?

After I've landed on he drone, close the app open and no more issues but I'd the same error also yesterday...

I've read all the logs and no notification about this error.

Regards

Reactions: DroneToJoy
If its the latest one I have read some have had issues as you describe. Seems to be mostly Android from my understanding. I use a android tablet and so far I have had no problems.

If its the latest one I have read some have had issues as you describe. Seems to be mostly Android from my understanding. I use a android tablet and so far I have had no problems.
Thanks,

Yes, I'm an android user, can be, but it's not good...but I can control the drone, this is the most important.

I never tried to close the app when the drone is flying and open again but next time I'll do it if the drone is near to see if we can win some time instead of land, close the app and open again.

Regards

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
There are some reports of problems with the App in this post. Not all people are having problems so it could be related to the phone or tablet you are using.

Reactions: VPARREIRA_PT
I have this problem to.

I use a Samsung tablet 5se, 4gb ram, and penny of spare storage. Have cleaned the cache etc etc but it happens as well, especially if I'm using video and then want to use AEB photo. It just jams suddenly, screen freezes and I have to bring it home manually...

It’s causing problems with iOS as well. The new app update uses more power for some reason and overloads the CPU. Makes my iPad mini 4 obsolete. Hope they update the update or whatever, soon. What a screwup.
The iPad mini 4 (1.5GHz) cpu doesn’t cut it but my iPad 5th gen (1.8GHz) cpu works.

Reactions: DroneToJoy
This happened to me multiple times yesterday. Flying around and recording all the sudden anything on the screen is non responsive. Battery, menus, map, ect all frozen. I have a S21+ latest version of dji fly app and firmware on my air 2s. I was worried about my battery and possible loss of video that I was filming.

This happened to me multiple times yesterday. Flying around and recording all the sudden anything on the screen is non responsive. Battery, menus, map, ect all frozen. I have a S21+ latest version of dji fly app and firmware on my air 2s. I was worried about my battery and possible loss of video that I was filming.
Yep, is not good :(.

Let's wait for a new DJI app release. I also saw I another discussion that if if change the font size of our smartphone will solve the issue but I don't like to use the normal font size of my smartphone as normal, I'm using always xxs...

FlyApp 1.4.8 no longer works on my Moto Z Android phone and 1.4 did work fine for my Mini. Now I've got to find a tablet / phone to run my Mini.

FlyApp 1.4.8 works fine on my Air2 with my Lenovo 10 MFD tablet with no issues going from camera to video and back - which I do fairly often for my flights. I have nothing else on the Lenovo, so no other apps are trying to operate in the background.

To DJI: Please fix FLY! The recent update is a power hog that can’t be used on many devices that worked fine previously. It is unacceptable to have to purchase a new device to operate a DJI drone that worked fine with an approved device, prior the update. HELP ASAP

Hope the dji mavic forum is lodging complaints as well. This is ridiculous, but not funny. It sucks

Reactions: tom.k
To DJI: Please fix FLY! The recent update is a power hog that can’t be used on many devices that worked fine previously. It is unacceptable to have to purchase a new device to operate a DJI drone that worked fine with an approved device, prior the update. HELP ASAP

Hope the dji mavic forum is lodging complaints as well. This is ridiculous, but not funny. It sucks
1.4.4 works perfectly. I've tested 1 battery from Mavic mini and 1 battet from air 2s and no issues.

I strongly recommend to use 1.4.4.

Regards

Reactions: Capt KO
Hi all.

Seems there is a beta release for this problem for Android users (v1.4.8 Build -1185) - Follow this link from a reviewer on YouTube (Gavin HR) who provides the sources update file. Gavins YouTube Link

I definitively relate to that myself. Pixel 4 here,

almost every flight I have issues with an unresponsive UI, can't take any photos or videos, and sometimes it even leads to loss of video feed MID-FLIGHT! force closing the app helps, but every now and then, I have to land and power cycle the phone.

I thought my phone's usb-c port was dying on me. Luckily it's software, not hardware.

Reactions: Capt KO
I definitively relate to that myself. Pixel 4 here,

almost every flight I have issues with an unresponsive UI, can't take any photos or videos, and sometimes it even leads to loss of video feed MID-FLIGHT! force closing the app helps, but every now and then, I have to land and power cycle the phone.

I thought my phone's usb-c port was dying on me. Luckily it's software, not hardware.
Hello,

Use 1.4.4, it's working now on my side.

No issues.

Regards

Yes I had the same issue Saturday with my air2. I could fly the drone but nothing on the app worked . so I landed and re started the controller everything was fine after that

Yes I had the same issue Saturday with my air2. I could fly the drone but nothing on the app worked . so I landed and re started the controller everything was fine after that
Since that I did the downgrade to 1.4.4 no more issues.

I strongly recommend to do the same. Let's wait for a new dji fly app upgrade and see if the issue is solved

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview