DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app exiting on it's own

W6DOQ

Reactions
Usually the DJI Fly app has been fairly stable on my Android running v10. After not using it for a few weeks, I was prompted to update the fly app and I am now at v1.4.12.

Everything appeared to be working OK but mid-flight, the app just "exited" on it's own. No warning or anything.
When I fired it back up, I was able to continue my flight as if nothing had happened.

This has occurred twice now.

Just wondering if this happens to anyone else. For what it's worth, I run this on a spare android phone that has wifi connectivity but no SIM card.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
There are many threads complaining about version 1.4.12 of the fly app regarding the issue you describe. A good number of people advise backdating the app to version 1.4.4 or even 1.4.2 for steady no issue flights.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
I am using a Samsung A51, wifi only/no sim card, android version 11, One UI version 3.1.

I use this exclusively to fly the MA2 on DJI Fly v1.4.12 (1430-offical) and have done it four times already. All times, batteries at 100% and landed at about 30%.

So far, no issues on the app exiting or inaccurate compass/blue dot/triangle/drone reading.

I will continue to monitor though and still crossing my fingers that none of these reported issues will come out

There are many threads complaining about version 1.4.12 of the fly app regarding the issue you describe. A good number of people advise backdating the app to version 1.4.4 or even 1.4.2 for steady no issue flights.
1.4.8.(1185) Thumbswayup

Thanks for the info. Is there a repository of old versions someplace ? I found the old ones for IOS on the DJI site, but not for Android.

I'm good for now. I found v1.4.2 in the downloads folder of my old phone so I'll re-install that one.

Had no issues with it but only fly the Mini with it and FPV with it.
🤷‍♂️

Usually the DJI Fly app has been fairly stable on my Android running v10. After not using it for a few weeks, I was prompted to update the fly app and I am now at v1.4.12.

Everything appeared to be working OK but mid-flight, the app just "exited" on it's own. No warning or anything.
When I fired it back up, I was able to continue my flight as if nothing had happened.

This has occurred twice now.

Just wondering if this happens to anyone else. For what it's worth, I run this on a spare android phone that has wifi connectivity but no SIM card.
Hey Brother I was running into the same problem that you are running into as well and yes you can drop back down to a lower version of the DJI FLY APP to like the 1.4.8 VERSION or you can stay where you are and what I have done and suggested to a few other Pilots is to CLEAR OUT the APP CACHE (BEFORE) you reinstall the 1.4.12 VERSION and it seems to do the trick for most people and if it doesn't work for you then I suggest that you drop back down to the 1.4.8 VERSION cuz it is the most stable one at the moment I have been in touch with DJI SUPPORT and they are aware of the issue and they told me that they are working on it and they will have a good stable version soon. I hope that this helps you out Brother God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

I have it exit out quite often when flying. so annoying. Sometimes it ruins my shots of trains. I wait 15 mins or even an hour for a train and the buggy app either won't go into the fly screen or it exits out. It's done it at all the versions since I got the drone last summer. I have a Galaxy S 21

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d