DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App - iPad MIni 4 - Screen Message!

Stitch-Up

Reactions
I'm getting the following message pop up on my DJI Fly App!
Message.jpg
Reading other threads about this indicates it's a problem with 'resources' of the iPAD Mini 4! So my question?
What tablet should I buy, about the same size as the Mini 4 with good screen brightness and display for my 70 year old eyes to use with my DJI Mini2 and possibly my DJI Mavic 2 Pro? Something that might last a few mor resource hungry app updates :)

Thanks

John

• Wow
Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
When I got the same message on Mini 4 I bought the most inexpensive config of the Mini 5. Been very happy with it with Fly on a DJI Mini 2 and Air 2s. It really seems like the right scale of display for my old eyes on the RC-N1 controller.

Sorry, no experience with android devices other than DJI’s own (android) controllers. But they are worth looking at. The original DJI Smart Controller would run both a Mini 2 and Mavic 2. It’s a smaller screen than the iPad Mini, but a very good display.

Reactions: Ranger
I was in your exact situation a few months ago with my Apple mini 4. My situation was that about the same time my iPhone 6 was needing to be upgraded, so I bought a iPhone 13 pro max which I use for my original Mavic Mini. Works well so far for these 76 YO eyes. Good luck with your choices.
B52-D
〰️Blue Skys & Happy Contrails➰
1675618708094.png

View attachment 160248
Reading other threads about this indicates it's a problem with 'resources' of the iPAD Mini 4! So my question?
What tablet should I buy, about the same size as the Mini 4 with good screen brightness and display for my 70 year old eyes to use with my DJI Mini2 and possibly my DJI Mavic 2 Pro? Something that might last a few mor resource hungry app updates :)

Thanks

John
I used the mini 4 with my m2 Pro , always had that message but did not notice any problems flying so just ignored it, now using iPad mini 6 bug only because I inadvertently sat on my mini 4 so had to replace it, cheers Len

I use a iPad mini 6 and I have never had any issues.

I still use my Mini 4 , not had any problems , make sure all apps that might be running in the background are closed , double tap on you iPad Mini's home button to show any apps in the background that might be using up resources , close them all down if any show up .

Try the information in the above post.
May solve what you describe.

I have a the same message pop up on my iPad 5th Gen. I make sure I do a hard restart before each flying session. It makes a big difference.

Reactions: SethB
I still use my Mini 4 , not had any problems , make sure all apps that might be running in the background are closed , double tap on you iPad Mini's home button to show any apps in the background that might be using up resources , close them all down if any show up .
Thanks for the 'double tap' hint - I had over 20 apps running!!

Thanks for the 'double tap' hint - I had over 20 apps running!!
Ipad is real good about putting its apps into hibernation to the point where they shouldn't affect the performance of the iPad. Shutting them down may help, but might do nothing. What I had to do when I ran my iPad mini 4 was, I dedicated that iPad to flying the drone only. So nothing but drone software ran on that iPad mini 4. That way there wasn't anything else running. Because in the background such things like weather, news, mail, and many other apps are constantly updating themselves and running. I had to get rid of all of those. So then and only then I didn't have any issues. There was plenty of memory and processor power for the DJI Fly app.

Reactions: Stitch-Up
Ipad is real good about putting its apps into hibernation to the point where they shouldn't affect the performance of the iPad. Shutting them down may help, but might do nothing. What I had to do when I ran my iPad mini 4 was, I dedicated that iPad to flying the drone only. So nothing but drone software ran on that iPad mini 4. That way there wasn't anything else running. Because in the background such things like weather, news, mail, and many other apps are constantly updating themselves and running. I had to get rid of all of those. So then and only then I didn't have any issues. There was plenty of memory and processor power for the DJI Fly app.
Just wondering if you used any other method to stop excess resource grabbing applications? I just used your suggested 'double tap' of the home button and cleared all. Having done that I re-installed DJI Fly but alas, I got the same message!

I have purchased Litchi so just need to learn it :)

Thanks.

Reactions: shawgod
Just wondering if you used any other method to stop excess resource grabbing applications? I just used your suggested 'double tap' of the home button and cleared all. Having done that I re-installed DJI Fly but alas, I got the same message!

I have purchased Litchi so just need to learn it :)

Thanks.

I don’t know much about Litchi and the resources it requires. The problem with the Mini 4 is it has a A8 processor if I remember right and because of that you may still have issues with that program as well. Before running any flight program , I would suggest uninstalling any program that would refresh in the background by itself so it doesn’t use any resources. You don’t want the iPad freezing while you are in mid flight.

Having purchased Litchi and discovered it works on my iPad Mini 4
I tried the DJI Go Fly App and was just prompted to upgrade on my iPad Mini 4 (10th Feb 2023). Prior to this upgrade I was getting the following warning: Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected. Since upgrading to 1.9.4. I don’t get the warning :) I’m hoping this means I can now, once more, use my iPad Mini 4 with the DJI Fly App.

View attachment 160248

Thanks

John
Hi. I use an iPad mini 5, or my iPad Air 4, both work very well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme