DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app. Mavic 2 Pro working.

Mavic 57

Reactions
Downloaded the Fly app, connected to my Mavic 2 Pro using the Fly app, surprised to find it worked. The more advanced features of the M2P were there in the app, and controllable within the app.

I have n't tried flying using the Fly app due to the weather.

I think the Fly app contains all the software to display all the capabilities of which ever aircraft is connected.

No doubt DJI will provide details in the near future as wether this is a replacement for the Go4 app.

Well done Mavic 57 . . . keep us posted (and updated) once you get her in the air.

If I had a Mavic Mini it would be interesting to see if the Go 4 app connects to the Mavic Mini using the Mavic Mini controller.

Anyone willing to see if the Go 4 app recognises the Mavic Mini ? I am not suggesting trying to fly, maybe risky, but just seeing if it connects and what options are available ?

If the Fly app supports other models, there really was no justification in holding back it's release, particularly since it may have compatibility problems with moderately old Androids.

It may have been held back as it was still being tweaked for the Mavic Mini. I think we will see it supersede G0 4 in the future when it's ready for release, only my opinion.

When I installed the Fly app it created a new Go 5 directory in Android. Strange it did n't just create a Fly directory. Time will tell.

Most functions appeared to work on the kitchen table, I am not intending to use it to fly my M2P until it's maybe made official.
If the Fly app supports other models, there really was no justification in holding back it's release, particularly since it may have compatibility problems with moderately old Androids.

Reactions: Gindra
It may have been held back as it was still being tweaked for the Mavic Mini. I think we will see it supersede G0 4 in the future when it's ready for release, only my opinion.

When I installed the Fly app it created a new Go 5 directory in Android. Strange it did n't just create a Fly directory. Time will tell.

Most functions appeared to work on the kitchen table, I am not intending to use it to fly my M2P until it's maybe made official.
Don’t suppose it’s got return from flyaway lol

I just tried using Fly with my M2Z. Not compatible. Perhaps only the beta would let you do it, but it's locked to the Mini now.

That needs a Feature request. ("I have past this to our engineers......").

I did n't use the beta, it was the latest release. Selected aircraft from drop down menu top right.

I just tried using the GO4 app with the mini and didn't work. When I pulled down the list of aircraft, the Mini wasn't there and I kept getting a box pop up saying the remote was connected.

Thanks for trying.
I just tried using the GO4 app with the mini and didn't work. When I pulled down the list of aircraft, the Mini wasn't there and I kept getting a box pop up saying the remote was connected.

You click the top right "book", then in the centre of the next page at the top is a drop down box, its then displays several aircraft types to select.
I thought of that. Only option I saw there was Mini.
20191112_213856.jpegScreenshot_20191112-213638.jpeg

OK, that's just product information (hence the book icon) for the various models. You'll notice as the page comes up it appears to be acting like a browser.

That's not to switch models that the app is to function.
It even shows Phantom 3 SE which I'm sure Fly will never support. Only Go 3 for that one.

Neat sales trick.

Ok, well my Mavic 2 pro connected and I could see most of the functions of the M2P, like 4k video, move gimbal, etc. The fly app created a Go V5 directory (Android). I believe in a few weeks, months Go V5 will be out, maybe wrong.
And it was under Warning Zones that only the Mini could be selected.

I don't get how you successfully connected an M2. As soon as I did, white screen with black text: not supported for your device.

This both on Tab A and HTC 10.

I'm suspecting your mobile switched to Go app without you realizing. Do you have a screen shot?

Connected remote to phone S8+, switched remote on switched M2P on, phone showed G04 & Fly, clicked FLY.

It was the FLY App. that I was flicking around, looking at settings etc, all M2P, camera view, moving gimbal on the screen by sliding left, right, pressing the camera button on the app, checking my battery, showed four cells and the voltages, video tab showed all the M2P settings, 4k etc.

Maybe I'll do a quick video on Friday, earliest I can have a play this week.
I don't get how you successfully connected an M2. As soon as I did, white screen with black text: not supported for your device.

This both on Tab A and HTC 10.

I'm suspecting your mobile switched to Go app without you realizing. Do you have a screen shot?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000