DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app on Ipad mini

haven't seen that as an issue with this app but have seen the screen size issue on different apps. Sometimes double tapping and pinching in or pinching out will snap the display back.

The problem is that the aspect ratio of the iPad Mini is 4:3. The app has filled the screen width. It cannot fill the height without stretching the video which would be distorted. You need a different tablet with a 16:9 ratio if you want to fill the screen.
To make matters worse, the iPad Mini has very wide bezels so the percentage of the tablet size that is usable, is rather small, not much better than a phone.

Just got an Ipad Mini and the Fly app does not fill the screen. Is this because the app is configured 16:9 and an Ipad is 4:3?

View attachment 87177
Mine does the same, cuts off a section in go fly settings which makes it confusing, dont know why I can only download go fly app in Iphone only and doesnt have it listed for Ipads only app?

I don't know about the iPad Mini 5, but the app works well on my iPad Mini 4. It doesn't fill the screen, but it still has a LOT more room and is much easier for me to use than on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Of course personal preference wins out here, but to me, even with some of the screen area unused, I think it's the perfect size. I tried it on my 12.9' iPad Pro and that was just silly big.

Well....with so many people using the mini 4 and 5 the limited view on the display can't be that big of an issue.

There is no fixing the problem with software updates or anything else. The app is filling the screen widthwise. To fill it heightwise would require clipping both ends of the video width. Any tablet that has a 4:3 aspect ratio will have this issue.

which version of the ipad mini is this? my best friend purchased a mavic mini and is thinking of getting a ipad mini 4, however he's not aware of this issue (assuming the ipad mini 4 has the same problem)
Yup to gamble $4-600. For new ipad 5 or 6 to find out its not filling screen would put all m
There is no fixing the problem with software updates or anything else. The app is filling the screen widthwise. To fill it heightwise would require clipping both ends of the video width. Any tablet that has a 4:3 aspect ratio will have this issue.
mines only happening width wise in settings only, its clipping 1st part off, everything else is fine

mines only happening width wise in settings only, its clipping 1st part off, everything else is fine
That is a different issue than the original post about black bars top and bottom. Your problem may be fixable in software.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid