DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji fly app on Samsung galaxy s10

angelosssss

Reactions
Hello everybody!

I know this particular topic has been covered numerous times before but I need your collective opinion and knowledge on it.

I have a galaxy s10 with android 10 and on the latest April security patch. Whenever I hook up the mm remote on it, the app refuses to recognize the remote is actually connected. I tried different versions of the app but nothing. All that happens is the s10 tries to charge itself 3 times and fails.

I hooked up the remote on my buddy's galaxy s8 and it works...

Now I'm flying with a spare iPhone se, but I would like to finally be able to fly with my s10.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Thank you all! ? ?

Hello, have you tried to open up USB debugging and such on your phone? Its in a secret developer menu. If you do a quick Google and find out how to access the menu then change the USB settings. I wouldn't mess with much else in the menu :)

On my phone you go settings, about phone, then click on build number ten times or so quickly and it'll open up developer options. Then settings, system, developer options will be there.

Turn on USB debugging.

Sometimes all the USB will do is charge and sync unless forced to do otherwise.

Try that :)

If still no joy then sorry :)

I've got an S10, fully updated and it seems to be working fine with the latest Fly app.

I did have big issues at the end of Dec 19 when the fly app just wouldn't start, but they got resolved with the next version of Fly.

Hello, have you tried to open up USB debugging and such on your phone? Its in a secret developer menu. If you do a quick Google and find out how to access the menu then change the USB settings. I wouldn't mess with much else in the menu :)

On my phone you go settings, about phone, then click on build number ten times or so quickly and it'll open up developer options. Then settings, system, developer options will be there.

Turn on USB debugging.

Sometimes all the USB will do is charge and sync unless forced to do otherwise.

Try that :)

If still no joy then sorry :)
Thank you, I've already tried all these steps but still nothing unfortunately

Wonder if theres a broken wire inside the usb cable that connects the phone to RC? Do you have access to another usb c android phone to try?

I have an S10e which I tried for a flight or two but the DJI FLy app kept crashing. I resurrected my old S7, reset it to factory default and use it as a dedicated device for my Mini. Works great like this!

My S10e must have been crashing because of an app conflict or something. Since I had planned to use the S7 anyway, I didn't troubleshoot the issue.

Wonder if theres a broken wire inside the usb cable that connects the phone to RC? Do you have access to another usb c android phone to try?
Yes I tried it on a friend's galaxy s8 which has USB-c with the same cable and it worked fine.

Hmmm well that's not very good, have you tried plugging something else into your phone like a card reader or such to see if the 'on the go' otg feature works?

Also have you tried turning your phone on and off? Sorry if my questions seem simple but just have to ask :)

Hmmm well that's not very good, have you tried plugging something else into your phone like a card reader or such to see if the 'on the go' otg feature works?

Also have you tried turning your phone on and off? Sorry if my questions seem simple but just have to ask :)
Yes tried that too. Unfortunately the s10 has gone into stubborn mode

Ohhhhh well I'm running out of suggestions I'm afraid. In the developer options on your phone under networking there is Default usb configuration.... Mines set at usb tethering as the default option. I don't know why but it might be worth checking yours. Different phone but still android 10.

Well, it's 2022 and still no solution to this. The DJI Fly App has even disappeared from the Play Store on my S10. I have it installed but it crashes every time.

Not sure how you come to the conclusion there's no solution to this. It's widely publicised that DJI stopped putting app updates on Play store. They publish updates directly on their site, and haven't put any on Play store for a long time now. Go to dji.com and get the latest version.

I've been using Fly on an S10 and have had no issues for well over a year, maybe 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh