DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY app - radar symbol meaning

boblui

Reactions
I am referring to the symbol at the bottom center of the screen showing the orientation of the craft and the RC. I remember seeing a post here explaining the meaning of the symbol when it takes different appearances but I cannot find it. Just wondering if someone can point me to that post ? Thanks.

I am referring to the symbol at the bottom center of the screen showing the orientation of the craft and the RC. I remember seeing a post here explaining the meaning of the symbol when it takes different appearances but I cannot find it. Just wondering if someone can point me to that post ? Thanks.
lost of sats will cause it also I noticed on mine the cable was an issue..try rotating the cable 180* it worked for me

lost of sats will cause it also I noticed on mine the cable was an issue..try rotating the cable 180* it worked for me
try this

That shows the relative direction to your drone (and orientation of the drone) from your controller. Your mobile device on your controller needs to have adequate GPS signal, and also the internal compass of the device needs to have its bearings as well. Often times you'll see it turn red into an error state, usually this happens if you're standing very still causing your mobile device compass to lose track of which direction you're facing. Usually if you move around a little bit (especially move the controller in a slight figure 8 motion) the compass will be able to pick up your direction and the pointer will be restored immediately.

Reactions: Gkinghrn
That shows the relative direction to your drone (and orientation of the drone) from your controller. Your mobile device on your controller needs to have adequate GPS signal, and also the internal compass of the device needs to have its bearings as well. Often times you'll see it turn red into an error state, usually this happens if you're standing very still causing your mobile device compass to lose track of which direction you're facing. Usually if you move around a little bit (especially move the controller in a slight figure 8 motion) the compass will be able to pick up your direction and the pointer will be restored immediately.
We've discussed this before and no GPS is necessary in the device. Only a properly calibrated compass is required. Wifi only iPads have no compass and display correctly, as long as the iPad compass is properly calibrated. Agree about the figure 8 motion restoring compass calibration and the pointer direction, if it goes wonky. ?

We've discussed this before and no GPS is necessary in the device. Only a properly calibrated compass is required. Wifi only iPads have no compass and display correctly, as long as the iPad compass is properly calibrated. Agree about the figure 8 motion restoring compass calibration and the pointer direction, if it goes wonky. ?
So if I'm following you correctly an iPad Mini 5 wifi only should display this correctly.

So if I'm following you correctly an iPad Mini 5 wifi only should display this correctly.
Exactly, as will any wifi only iPad, as long as the compass is calibrated properly. GPS in the tablet is not required. Android tablets only have a compass in the cellular versions.

Reactions: Capt KO
Yesterday, I found it went red during a quickshot but as soon as it finished, it went back to white. Not sure why that would happen however.

What device are you using.
iPhone 7, doesn't really affect anything, it was very close to where I was standing about 100 feet up. I noticed it in the middle of an orbit but as soon as it finished, it went back to normal. I might have to pay more attention to that next time.

Just ordered an Ipad mini 5 wifi from Amazon. 384.99. Best price I could find. Should have tomorrow.

Not true about Android tablets. ?
Please show me a wifi only Android tablet that advertises it has a compass! ?
I couldn't find one anywhere last year when I researched the issue.
Unless something has changed since then, only cellular Android tablets have a compass.

Please show me a wifi only Android tablet that advertises it has a compass! ?
I couldn't find one anywhere last year when I researched the issue.
Unless something has changed since then, only cellular Android tablets have a compass.
There are plenty. I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and S3. Neither are cellular and both have GPS, accelerometer, gyro, and compass built in. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147