DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App - Tripltek 8 inch Pro - Video Drops out after approximately 15 to 18 minutes

Bad news.. 3rd test flight, and I got the black screen issue..
I dont know if it is significant, but for the first two flights I had been just in video mode, no intelligent flight modes etc, however on the 3rd flight, I used spotlight mode, and POI, I then switched to 48MP photo mode, i was just lining up a shot, and "boom" black screen...
Bummer. I was starting to get excited.

Have you guys reported the issue to Tripltek yet?
Steve, we are here to help. They did not contact us because they are not having any issues. As we told you before no one has the same issue you are describing. We offered you many times to send the TRIPLTEK 8 back to us with the drone/drones you have the issue with, so we can test your full setup together and find what is causing the problem

Last edited:
Steve, we are here to help. They did not contact us because they are not having any issues. As we told you before no one has the same issue you are describing. We offered you many times to send the TRIPLTEK 8 back to us with the drone/drones you have the issue with, so we can test your full setup together and find what is causing the problem
Thanks for your reply, I may end up retuning the Tripltek 8 to you for testing, however I'm still not convinced that it's a faulty tablet, as one user has the same issue with his Mini 3 Pro, yet it works perfectly with his Air 2S, suggesting maybe a compatibility issue with the DJI Mini 3 firmware & the Tripltek 8 perhaps? But that wouldn't explain why most Tripltek users are not experiencing this issue with the DJI Mini 3, so what is making the difference between the majority that are not having the issue, and the handful that are having the issue? Could it be a particular setting that on our tablets that we have configured differently to the others?

Regarding nobody else having this issue, if you read back through the comments on this thread, you will find at least two other Tripltek 8 users who ARE having the exact same issue with the Tripltek 8, DJI Mini 3 Pro & DJI RC-N1 controller. There are also other users on the DJI forum awith the same issue.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, I may end up retuning the Tripltek 8 to you for testing, however I'm still not convinced that it's a faulty tablet, as one user has the same issue with his Mini 3 Pro, yet it works perfectly with his Air 2S, suggesting maybe a DJI firmware issue perhaps?

Regarding nobody else having this issue, if you read back through the comments on this thread, you will find at least two other Tripltek 8 users who ARE having the exact same issue with the Tripltek 8, DJI Mini 3 Pro & DJI RC-N1 controller. There are other users on the DJI forum also with the same issue.
Steve, none of the other user's experiences is exactly like the one you describe, also none of them contacted us about it (you can ask them directly ). We think the issue is related to your setup.

Read through the comments of this post where others state they have the exact same issue"! (See attachment as an example from another user)

I'm trying to find a solution, not denial that other users are having the same issue. If it is a setting or something on the configuration side, let's figure it out together.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-17-21-59-37-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-17-21-59-37-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: Gagey52
Bummer. I was starting to get excited.
Hi Ron
A Mini 3 Pro / Tripltek 8 user has commented on another page that he is also getting the black screen issue.
He has figured out that if he uses one of the intelligent modes like active track / spotlight / POI etc, then about 10 seconds after he exits that mode, the black screen issue happens.
This is similar to what happened to mine during my 3rd test flight today.
The black screen issue did not happen during my first two test flights, but I wasn't using any intelligent flight modes, I was just flying manually and filming. However towards the end of my 3rd test flight, I performed a POI, I then exited POI mode, and about 10 seconds later the screen went black (coincidence?)
It's late here in the UK now, and rain is forecast tomorrow, would you be able to test / prove this with your Mini 3 Pro & Tripltek 8 ?

Hi Ron
A Mini 3 Pro / Tripltek 8 user has commented on another page that he is also getting the black screen issue.
He has figured out that if he uses one of the intelligent modes like active track / spotlight / POI etc, then about 10 seconds after he exits that mode, the black screen issue happens.
This is similar to what happened to mine during my 3rd test flight today.
The black screen issue did not happen during my first two test flights, but I wasn't using any intelligent flight modes, I was just flying manually and filming. However towards the end of my 3rd test flight, I performed a POI, I then exited POI mode, and about 10 seconds later the screen went black (coincidence?)
It's late here in the UK now, and rain is forecast tomorrow, would you be able to test / prove this with your Mini 3 Pro & Tripltek 8 ?
Steve,

The black screen issue you described on this thread was never an issue of the TRIPLTEK 8 , DJI finally acknowledged it was an issue on the DJI Fly APP and the firmware on the drone.

DJI solved the issue on the last version of the DJI FLY APP v 1.7.8

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
DJI Mini 3 Pro
RC-N1 controller
Tripltek 8 inch Pro tablet
I have had a Tripltek 8 inch pro tablet for about 7 months, and everything has been working perfectly up till now, however I have started experiencing a strange issue with my Tripltek 8 inch pro & DJI Fly app. Everything works perfectly for about 15 to 18 minutes into the flight, then the video goes black. I still have full flight control of the drone, and can still see the flight telemetry on the Tripltek screen i.e. speed, altitude, distance, compass, battery etc, just no video. If I close the DJI Fly app and re-open it, then the video comes back on.
I have replaced the USB type C lead (twice), so I am confident that it is not the lead.
I have completely uninstalled & reinstalled the DJI Fly app (latest version 1.6.9)
I have factory reset the Tripltek 8 inch pro.
The same thing still happens.
I also have even tried flying a different drone (DJI Mini 2 & different RC-N1 controller), using my Tripltek 8 inch Pro, the same thing still happens, so I'm confident that it is not the drone or the controller.
If I fly using a different android device, the problem does not happen, so I am starting to think that the problem is either relating to the Tripltek 8 inch pro tablet, or something in the latest DJI Fly app that is causing this issue?
Does anyone else on here use the latest version of the DJI Fly app with the Tripltek 8 inch Pro? Are you seeing this same issue?
I have just started experiencing the same problems as you describe above. I have the original Tripltek 7 inch tablet and recently it has been blacking out during the flight of my Mini 3. I reset the tablet while the Mini 3 is hovering and the screen comes back on again? Did you ever resolve this issue.

I have just started experiencing the same problems as you describe above. I have the original Tripltek 7 inch tablet and recently it has been blacking out during the flight of my Mini 3. I reset the tablet while the Mini 3 is hovering and the screen comes back on again? Did you ever resolve this issue.
Hi
After lots of testing, we established that the black screen issue occurs approximately 10 seconds after you have used and exited one of the smart modes such as active track, spotlight or POI mode. We then worked out that if you switch to the DJI album, then switch back to the flight screen, the live video feed is restored. We worked closely with DJI, we explained the issue in great details, conducted many tests and sent them the logs from DJI Fly App, and the logs from the drone, and the logs from the Tripltek... Eventually after several weeks, DJI released a firmware update that fixed the problem :)

Hi
After lots of testing, we established that the black screen issue occurs approximately 10 seconds after you have used and exited one of the smart modes such as active track, spotlight or POI mode. We then worked out that if you switch to the DJI album, then switch back to the flight screen, the live video feed is restored. We worked closely with DJI, we explained the issue in great details, conducted many tests and sent them the logs from DJI Fly App, and the logs from the drone, and the logs from the Tripltek... Eventually after several weeks, DJI released a firmware update that fixed the problem :)

Sounds like you have troubleshoted perfectly. With that said, I would contact @TRIPLTEK support.

Sounds like you have troubleshoted perfectly. With that said, I would contact @TRIPLTEK support.
Thank you...
I did actually contact Tripltek support, who advised me that the issue was my type c lead, so I purchased a new type c lead, which did not resolve the problem. Tripltek then told me that I should purchase their own type c lead, so I purchased one, and paid shipping to get it shipped to the UK, however this didn't resolve the issue either. Tripltek we're not very helpful, in fact they appeared quite confrontational, and kept telling me that I was the only one experiencing this problem, even though I knew for a fact that more people were having this same issue. But anyway I digress.. The issue was actually a compatibility issue between the Tripltek tablet and the Mini 3 Pro, which fortunately DJI managed to resolve once we had pinpointed the cause, and submitted logs etc.

Thank you...
I did actually contact Tripltek support, who advised me that the issue was my type c lead, so I purchased a new type c lead, which did not resolve the problem. Tripltek then told me that I should purchase their own type c lead, so I purchased one, and paid shipping to get it shipped to the UK, however this didn't resolve the issue either. Tripltek we're not very helpful, in fact they appeared quite confrontational, and kept telling me that I was the only one experiencing this problem, even though I knew for a fact that more people were having this same issue. But anyway I digress.. The issue was actually a compatibility issue between the Tripltek tablet and the Mini 3 Pro, which fortunately DJI managed to resolve once we had pinpointed the cause, and submitted logs etc.
Fantastic! Glad you got it sorted out. I would return the cable you purchased from Tripltek for a full refund. I have the v7 and doubt I will ever upgrade. I have 5 drones 2 of which are not DJI and I am able to use the tablet for all of them. Plus it's bright enough to easily see in the bright Alabama sunlight. :)

Reactions: Steve_UK_M4P
Fantastic! Glad you got it sorted out. I would return the cable you purchased from Tripltek for a full refund. I have the v7 and doubt I will ever upgrade. I have 5 drones 2 of which are not DJI and I am able to use the tablet for all of them. Plus it's bright enough to easily see in the bright Alabama sunlight. :)
As I live in England, it would cost me more to ship the lead back to the United States, than the lead is worth. I decided to keep the lead, now I have a couple of spares 🙂
The Tripltek 8 inch Pro tablet is a really great product, and the brightness of the screen is great, even on the brightest sunny days.
I love the Tripltek product, but I really hope that I don't ever have to contact Tripltek support again. There was a bit more than just the misdiagnosed type c lead, but let's just say my experience with their support was not a good one.

Reactions: JoelP and GFields
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair