DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App - Tripltek 8 inch Pro - Video Drops out after approximately 15 to 18 minutes

Well Steve, I took the Tripltek 8 and my Mavic Pro running on the DJI Go 4 app and went out for a spin. I reset the T8 screen timeout to 10 seconds and flew out a fully charged battery. Results? no blackouts. Not sure what to draw from that but that was roughly 26 minutes of error free flying.

Reactions: Steve_UK_M4P
Well Steve, I took the Tripltek 8 and my Mavic Pro running on the DJI Go 4 app and went out for a spin. I reset the T8 screen timeout to 10 seconds and flew out a fully charged battery. Results? no blackouts. Not sure what to draw from that but that was roughly 26 minutes of error free flying.
It is starting to sound like the issue is something between the firmware on the Mini 3 and the Tripltek 8.
We know that the issue started around the time of the DJI firmware updates and DJI Fly app updates, there was also a Tripltek wireless update around the same time too. But why are some people seeing the issue but some are not? Maybe some haven't taken all of the updates on all devices? Or is it a simple setting somewhere that we have configured differently to them?
I know someone with a Mini 3 and Tripltek 8, who says he's not seeing the issue. I might arrange to meet up with him and compare settings..

It is starting to sound like the issue is something between the firmware on the Mini 3 and the Tripltek 8.
We know that the issue started around the time of the DJI firmware updates and DJI Fly app updates, there was also a Tripltek wireless update around the same time too. But why are some people seeing the issue but some are not? Maybe some haven't taken all of the updates on all devices? Or is it a simple setting somewhere that we have configured differently to them?
I know someone with a Mini 3 and Tripltek 8, who says he's not seeing the issue. I might arrange to meet up with him and compare settings..
That would certainly be helpful. Meanwhile, I'm going to fly the Mini 3 with a different tablet and see what happens.

Reactions: Gagey52
I took the Mini 3 out with an HTC phone I sometimes use. I flew a whole battery with no issues. I think this points to a issue with our original configuration of M3P, RC-N1, and the Tripletek 8.

I took the Mini 3 out with an HTC phone I sometimes use. I flew a whole battery with no issues. I think this points to a issue with our original configuration of M3P, RC-N1, and the Tripletek 8.
Hi Ron
I tend to agree.
From the feedback that I have got so far from other Tripltek 8 users, most are not getting this issue, which I suppose is reassuring.
A couple of Tripltek 8 users have reported that they get this issue with their Mini 3 Pro, but not with their Air 2S (how weird is that), so it is definitely a very specific issue, as you say, it points to an issue with our original configuration of M3P, RC-N1, and the Tripltek 8.
I have contacted my friend who has a Mini 3 Pro with DJI-RC (the one with the screen). He also has a Mavic 3, RC-N1 & Tripltek 8. He tested his RC-N1 & Tripltek 8 with his Mini 3 Pro for me, and said that he was not having this problem.
He has agreed to meet up with me so that we can compare settings and make some tests (he's not too far from me, I live in Lancashire, and he lives in Merseyside). We just need to find a time that is convenient for both of us, and with "flyable" weather..

Hi Ron
I tend to agree.
From the feedback that I have got so far from other Tripltek 8 users, most are not getting this issue, which I suppose is reassuring.
A couple of Tripltek 8 users have reported that they get this issue with their Mini 3 Pro, but not with their Air 2S (how weird is that), so it is definitely a very specific issue, as you say, it points to an issue with our original configuration of M3P, RC-N1, and the Tripltek 8.
I have contacted my friend who has a Mini 3 Pro with DJI-RC (the one with the screen). He also has a Mavic 3, RC-N1 & Tripltek 8. He tested his RC-N1 & Tripltek 8 with his Mini 3 Pro for me, and said that he was not having this problem.
He has agreed to meet up with me so that we can compare settings and make some tests (he's not too far from me, I live in Lancashire, and he lives in Merseyside). We just need to find a time that is convenient for both of us, and with "flyable" weather..
Yes, keep us informed on this. I have ZERO issues with the Mini 2 rc-n1 Tripltec 8 pro set up. However, I am seriously considering a purchase of the m3p. I would hate to have to spend twice as much and just get the Mavic 3. Hee...

Reactions: Romi
Hi Ron
I tend to agree.
Thanks Steve, for now unless I hear otherwise Im going to use a different device with the Mini. I still like the Tripltek and will keep it for the Mavic and Evo 2 which dont seem to have any issues with it. Im still interested in hearing how it goes with your friend too.

Yes, keep us informed on this. I have ZERO issues with the Mini 2 rc-n1 Tripltec 8 pro set up. However, I am seriously considering a purchase of the m3p. I would hate to have to spend twice as much and just get the Mavic 3. Hee...
I have the same issue with the Tripltek 8, RC-N1 & Mini 2, as I have with the Mini 3 (is your firmware up to date on the Mini 2, as I am starting to suspect that it could be something in the last firmware update?)

I have the same issue with the Tripltek 8, RC-N1 & Mini 2, as I have with the Mini 3 (is your firmware up to date on the Mini 2, as I am starting to suspect that it could be something in the last firmware update?)
I am completely updated on the RC and the device as of about 2 weeks ago. Now, my Tripltec 8 is only about one week old and it recieved some kind of update (I believe) when I first used it.
I hope this gets figured out with you. Have you reformatted the Tripltec, maybe..?

I am completely updated on the RC and the device as of about 2 weeks ago. Now, my Tripltec 8 is only about one week old and it recieved some kind of update (I believe) when I first used it.
I hope this gets figured out with you. Have you reformatted the Tripltec, maybe..?
Yes it was one of the first things that I done, I factory reset the Tripltek 8, and then installed just the DJI Fly app (nothing else), but the issue was still the same.

So far I have replaced the USB C cable (five times now, including a brand new stock DJI lead, and a brand new dedicated Tripltek one, plus some more expensive ones from Amazon, as everyone kept telling me that it was the cable).
Tripltek advised that they think it is a drone issue, however the issue does not happen if I test using a phone that is recognised as "compatible" by DJI.
I have a DJI Mini 2 and a DJI Mini 3 Pro, and two RC-N1 controllers, and the issue happens when using the Tripltek with both drones and both controllers.
I'm using the latest version the DJI fly app (downloaded and installed directly from the DJI download centre).
Also everything is up to date on the DJI firmware (updated using DJI Assistant 2). I have also updated the firmware on the Tripltek using software that Tripltek sent to me.
I'm using genuine SanDisk Extreme Pro micro SD cards (170MB/s, class 10, U3, V30), I have a few 64MB and 128MB capacity ones, I have formatted them in the drone, and tested with them, just in case it was a faulty micro SD card.
I have increased the Tripltek screen timeout to 30 minutes. Cleared cache in the DJI Fly app, tried with cache to phone set to ON, and with it set to OFF.
I have tried flying in different locations in case it was local interference, even flown multiple test flights in the middle of the Lake District, literally miles from any source of interference, but the issue still happened.
I have noted that the black issue seems to only happen when the DJI Fly app is in "video mode", it doesn't appear to happen when in "photo mode" or "hyperlapse mode".
Most Tripltek users have advised me that they are not having any issues, which is reassuring, but some have advised that they are having the exact same issue as me. Two Tripltek users have advised that they have a Mini 3 Pro and an Air 2S, and have told me that the issue happens when the use the Tripltek 8 with their DJI Mini 3 Pro but the issue doesn't happen when they use it with their DJI Air 2S.
Could it be something in the latest firmware on the Mini 3 Pro, that is not on the DJI Air 2S?
I'm really struggling to work out what is causing the issue, and this is why I have starter to reach out to the drone community to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue, and if they found a solution. Or if we can work together to find a solution.

Update. There is a new DJI Fly app version released today. I will try that later and se if it solves the issue.

Oooh, I'm definitely going to be on that later this afternoon, fingers crossed it fixes the issue 🤞
First test flight conducted, and no issues whatsoever.. I was about to start my second test flight, and the app advised that there was another firmware update. Turns out that it is a battery firmware update, so I am now updating all my batteries, then will go for a second test flight.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
There's a Mini 3 firmware update as well.
Bad news.. 3rd test flight, and I got the black screen issue..
I dont know if it is significant, but for the first two flights I had been just in video mode, no intelligent flight modes etc, however on the 3rd flight, I used spotlight mode, and POI, I then switched to 48MP photo mode, i was just lining up a shot, and "boom" black screen...

Bad news.. 3rd test flight, and I got the black screen issue..
I dont know if it is significant, but for the first two flights I had been just in video mode, no intelligent flight modes etc, however on the 3rd flight, I used spotlight mode, and POI, I then switched to 48MP photo mode, i was just lining up a shot, and "boom" black screen...
I did a test flight with just the new firmware and not the app update.
I hovered around 10 feet away, swapping between video and photo mode, and not a single black screen.
Im wondering if it might be something to do with distance from the drone?

I was trying to get a screen recording of it happening to send into Dji but i guess ill have to go out to do it properly.

I did a test flight with just the new firmware and not the app update.
I hovered around 10 feet away, swapping between video and photo mode, and not a single black screen.
Im wondering if it might be something to do with distance from the drone?

I was trying to get a screen recording of it happening to send into Dji but i guess ill have to go out to do it properly.
I don't think it is a distance thing, I was only 75 metres away, and in direct line of sight, when my screen went black. Five minutes previously, I was 600 metres and working fine 🤔

Reactions: Bluenoes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1