DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App won't open suddenly

See Paint Rock Drones messages, especially #13 in this thread.
I was able to get on with chat and he linked me to a BETA version site but it required a pw. It did get things up and running, and he said the updated non-beta version "should" be up shortly on dji.com.

Reactions: jay2020
Greetings all... Quick update.
I spoke at length today with Customer Service, and the guy guided me through a firmware update using "DJI ASSISTANT 2" and that (maybe, we hope) seems to have worked...

I thought I'd chime in on this thread. DJI has a new apk at their download site for Fly version 1.6.10 which apparently replaced the beta 1.6.12. I uninstalled my old Fly and installed this version yesterday and all seems well.

Reactions: Tufargon and Magpie
I thought I'd chime in on this thread. DJI has a new apk at their download site for Fly version 1.6.10 which apparently replaced the beta 1.6.12. I uninstalled my old Fly and installed this version yesterday and all seems well.

I had a couple of firmware updates come through as I was using the beta version. Hopefully those aren't somehow tied to the app version as well (and won't cause any problems when stepping back to 1.6.10).

I had a couple of firmware updates come through as I was using the beta version. Hopefully those aren't somehow tied to the app version as well (and won't cause any problems when stepping back to 1.6.10).
Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

I chatted with DJI support. They had me download the APK from a different site, and it fixed the problem. I just noticed I now have DJI Fly 1.6.12(664-Official).
Well, now I've updated to Android 13, and the problem is back. Guess I'll have to go through all the diagnostics again. Tomorrow's problem.

Reactions: Normp
Well, now I've updated to Android 13, and the problem is back. Guess I'll have to go through all the diagnostics again. Tomorrow's problem.
Well that's a shame, PRD. Especially since you helped so many of us!
I heard about that Android update and wondered (worried!) about it. The tech magazine wrote that it cannot be turned back once it's done.
You wrote before, "Litchi is still worth a try" and so I got it. It's just a shame to start a new learning curve again. I'm just a newbie.

I chatted with DJI support. They had me download the APK from a different site, and it fixed the problem. I just noticed I now have DJI Fly 1.6.12(664-Official).
I downloaded this apk also. It seemed fine until I went to the Flight Data Center. When I picked a flight to review, all I got was a static world map with a small block of text in Chinese and no replay of the flight. All of the listed flights simply displayed the static world map and Chinese text but no flight replay. The next day, I saw somewhere here in the forums (sorry, don't remember where) that 1.6.10 was now available at DJI downloads even though it still identified it as 1.6.9. I downloaded that apk. Inside the app it identified itself as 1.6.10. It seemed to work perfectly. Today I rec'vd the message that an update 1.6.12 was available. I figured they must have fixed the Flight Data Center problem, so I updated. But no, it still had the Flight Data Center issue of the static world map and Chinese text but no flight replay. So, I uninstalled 1.6.12 and reverted back to the 1.6.10. Anybody else experience this?

And today I installed V1.7 and everything is working again on my Pixel. (I was using my iPad to fly in the meanwhile). In my world we call this unstable code.

Reactions: Normp
...times 10 or more here too; have 1.6.8 loaded, open the app, DJI flashes and closes, sad. Thanks for the tips, will follow...

Update: Downloaded the 1.7.0 app and it's back up & running.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me last month, so I went ahead and bought Lichti. Slightly different interface, but I've been able to use the basics without any issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada