DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App won't open suddenly

Normp

Reactions
I have been flying my Mini-2 regularly without issue. There have been no changes to my Pixel 6 phone.
Suddenly since today, the APP flashes open but then shuts down. I have uninstalled it and downloaded the current DJI Fly App from DJI, installed that, all to no effect.
Very frustrating!!
It doesn't seem to be a common problem as I cannot find any info on this on this forum or on Google.
Is there a way of trying to fix this, or should I use a different App like Litchi? If so, which is similar to DJI Fly for the Mini-2?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Likely that an Android update messed up the rights for DJI Fly app. Go through Settings, apps and notifications, see all apps then DJI Fly and in there check allowed apps permission. It should have at least Files and Media, and Location permission allowed. While being there, you can clean cash under Storage tab.

This problem happened to me this morning. I uninstalled DJI fly, downloaded the APK and reinstalled, then enabled permissions as suggested. It still terminated immediately. Anyone else seeing this?

DJI fly 1.6.9, Android 12 on a Pixel 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: dawgpilot
I also can no longer open the fly app.

I've been running 1.5.4 since I've owned the mini. Never updated because I felt no need.
But suddenly today the app opens and closes immediately.
So I reluctantly downloaded the latest 1.6.9 from the main site and still nothing.

Mini 2
Android 12 on a V60

Litchi works fine however.

Seems that several of us have exactly the same problem. We can wait for DJI or phone updates and it still may not fix a little quirk affecting so few people.

I have been considering Litchi but never had to before since DJI Fly was perfect.

Do many people use it? You have both obviously. How do you decide which APP to use?

Thanks!

Reactions: Timewavezero
Seems that several of us have exactly the same problem. We can wait for DJI or phone updates and it still may not fix a little quirk affecting so few people.

I have been considering Litchi but never had to before since DJI Fly was perfect.

Do many people use it? You have both obviously. How do you decide which APP to use?

Thanks!
I would not assume it is few of us. 3 reporting it in one day suggests a bigger problem. I’ll Try DJI support tomorrow..

There are MANY people with the same problem as shown by the forums that Magpie linked to.

One bigger problem I see is that some of those posts are a year old, so this issue isn't new, just more widespread since the last week.

It appears that DJI support is TERRIBLE! Their recommendations are "delete app, reinstall, restart phone, etc." We've all done that!!

I do see one solution though... Litchi!!

Greetings,
I've been on this issue since last week: DJI is aware of the the issue... But the issue is that they have deleted support for all GO Fly versions (I used GO2 since 2017), but have support in the "NEW" GO 4 for only a few devices.

We will ALL need to let DJI know we're unhappy, or this will just drag on.

And I want to go fly.

Here's the list of devices currently supported by GO 4, and I for one don't want to go buy a new device just to fly my drone.

dji mavic pro GO4 devices.png

It was a password protected site with a custom link, which they have now deleted. But if you go to DJI Support and describe the problem they should be able to get it to you also. That said, Litchi is still worth a try.

I was lucky enough to not update Android on my Pixel 6, I really hope it doesn't auto-update overnight.
And also really hope that DJI releases a fix for this very soon!

It was a password protected site with a custom link, which they have now deleted. But if you go to DJI Support and describe the problem they should be able to get it to you also. That said, Litchi is still worth a try.
Thank you, Paint Rock Drones!!
I did as you recommended and got the new APK without problem!
It installed and hasn't crashed on opening. I have yet to fly with it but hopefully won't have any issues.
Much appreciated!!!

Reactions: Paint Rock Drones
This problem happened to me this morning. I uninstalled DJI fly, downloaded the APK and reinstalled, then enabled permissions as suggested. It still terminated immediately. Anyone else seeing this?

DJI fly 1.6.9, Android 12 on a Pixel 5.
I'm encountering this now, just when I wanted to use my drone. Very disappointing. The app wasn't working so I uninstalled (mistake?), then re-installed (twice) from the website. I'd really like to figure this out soon, as in now.

I'm encountering this now, just when I wanted to use my drone. Very disappointing. The app wasn't working so I uninstalled (mistake?), then re-installed (twice) from the website. I'd really like to figure this out soon, as in now.
See Paint Rock Drones messages, especially #13 in this thread.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan